Trauma

By SkipLegDay - 03/08/2016 08:48 - New Zealand - Palmerston North

Today, my untrained legs have been traumatised by the sudden regime of squats, mountain climbers and lunges I have been putting them through. I literally just have to trust-fall back onto the toilet and hope for the best, because my legs don't have the strength to support the gradual descent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 403
You deserved it 3 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leagacysgirl 19

It gets better. Keep up the good work!

Once you get to the point where you can work them out then through what you did already but very lightly. Like do less reps, no weight, but just do something to lightly work them. It will really help with soreness.

Comments

neuronerd 28

Thanks for reminding me it's leg day...

It may not be my favorite day, but I have grown to look forward to leg day. Like #47 said, it's hard to look more ridiculous than having an exaggerated "V" figure, with a hulking upper body and a pair of twig legs to support it. I try to enjoy the process, and I think people should take as much pride in some well-muscled legs as they do in their arms. Good on OP for taking care of their lower body's musculature.

Don't worry that's totally normal. Even people who have been body building for years still get sore after leg days when they push themselves. ?? Keep up the good work.

Good work, shows its working, it will get easier

Been there. I'm so out of shape I couldn't outrun a zombie, and I'm talking about the slow kind.

As someone who lifts for gains and to get in shape it's worth it and gets better until you blast them again every other month.

neuronerd 28

You do legs once every other month? I don't think that's how you "lift for gains."

Just power through. As much as it hurts, it will hurt more if you baby the muscles and then try and sit down or squat. When I first started training, I remember begging my hubby to buy a top load washing machine with the dryer that attaches on top haha.

RedCronos 17

Can't spell legendary without leg day.

species4872 19

So i gather the rest of you is ok with all that? Maybe your legs are trying to tell you something.

LMFAO. thats so funny, be careful walking down the stairs.

I know that feel, when I started working my legs I couldn't even walk up and down my stairs and I live in a 3 story house.