By ShowerGirl - 30/04/2013 07:54 - United States

Today, while I was in the shower, I heard a door slam. Assuming it was my fiancé, I shouted "I love you!" I later opened the bathroom door to see my stereo and television missing. I'd said "I love you" to whoever robbed my apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 646
You deserved it 5 691

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just be glad they didn't take the "I love you" as an invitation..

Comments

That might be the greatest love story ever. "The man who stole my heart, and my stereo" If not its still a better love story then twilight.

You should be glad he was only looking to rob the place and you didn't get hurt

It's sad that we live in a world where we should feel lucky to only get our things stolen

lb0812 18

Well it is a valid silver lining, #23. You have a woman in the shower while there are intruders in her home. That is the stuff of nightmares. It certainly could have turned out much worse.

I'm not saying things couldn't have been worse, I'm only saying it's messed up.

It's burgle or be burgled; his next victim might have better luck stealing his heart next time.

I feel your pain. Once, my parents went out of town and my brother decided to have some friends over. During the night I went to grab a drink. There already was someone (of the same age as my brother) in the kitchen so I started chatting to him. The next morning all of our stuff were gone. My brother's friends had all left hours before I went to the kitchen.

stewpididiot 11

Well thankfully he didn't try to rob you of any bathroom items.

challan 19

Half empty deodorant and TP are big in the black market scene.

Yea, godda smell good while stealing shit!

challan 19

My first thought was of your safety, as well. You were vulnerable, and you are damn lucky. I'm glad that didn't happen to me, or my neighbors would have seen a naked blonde running out the door with her shot gun.

perdix 29

#28, which would have been soooooo hawt!! They'd probably fist-bump the thief and let him hide in their place in gratitude for getting to see that.

challan 19

Perdix, I'll stand naked with my shot gun leveled at you. Let's see if you still find me sexy.

perdix 29

#37, that's always how I imagined checking out. Just think how fun my funeral will be when the cause of death was "shot by a hot, naked, young blonde" as opposed to massive organ failure from a degenerative disease. The mourners will probably guess that I had a major organ success! So, I'll come to you with champagne, lube and buckshot (or should I trust that your aim is true enough that you could finish me off with a slug?)

37- Sorry Challan, but most guys like attractive, nude women, and weapons. The only way you could have increased the sex appeal at that point was if you were also leaning up against some overly priced sports car as well. ;) Just saying! :)

challan 19

Draco, I have a whole arsenal and a jeep... Will that do for now? Thanks for the insight into a mans mind. Finally being a tomboy starts to work for me.

53- O_O And you're single?!? ;D (teasing!) Tomboy's are more fun anyways, my ego has no problems getting it's ass kicked by a girl in Manly activities. :)

perdix 29

#53, that'll work. Please submit some photos with you and your stuff to the funeral home. They'll post them around my casket and I'll become a mythical hero of legend to all of the middle-aged guys. They'll look at their frumpy wives with the Barney Rubble haircuts and think, "Lucky bastard!"

challan 19

Draco, believe it or not, most men have issues with me being better at the manly arts then they are! Perdix, I will send them immediately. Perhaps I'll even place a fake tattoo of your name on my ass.

perdix 29

#59, start printing the T-shirts with my face on it like the Che Guevara ones and sell them to Urban Outfitters. Customers will ask, "Who is he?" And the salesperson will say, 'Some South American revolutionary." Then they'll ask, "And what about this chump?" And the answer will be, "That dude who was ******* a hot blonde and she shot him." The customer will choose the shirt with me and wear it out of the store. You're going to need the money for your legal defense fund.

challan 19

Perdix #1 I would wait until you entered my home before shooting you. I'd only level it at you on my property. #2 I'd never be found guilty because no one would ever believe I'd sleep with you.

perdix 29

#62, that's exactly why I'd become a T-shirt-worthy legend -- because I made such an unbelievable miracle happen. As to point #1: Do you think it would be that hard to lure me onto your property? You are the girl in your profile pic, right?

challan 19

Lol if I didn't know you in the non FML world Perdix, I'd be a bit worried about you. Don't worry though, I won't tell everyone that you're actually a caring and sweet old wanker. That would ruin your rep.

perdix 29

#65, yes, please conceal the "caring and sweet" part -- the "old wanker" IS my rep around here ;)

perdix 29

Looks like he also stole your heart <3