By dcort - 08/04/2012 16:39 - United States - New York

Today, while I was getting out of the shower, I saw a spider climb into the ceiling vent. Wanting it to come out so I could kill it, I turned on the fan. It came out, along with a dozen of its friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 474
You deserved it 7 209

dcort tells us more.

dcort 4

Yes, but it wasn't strong enough to suck the spiders in, so instead they all got scared and ran out....

Top comments

The itsy bitsy spider went in the ceiling vent. I turned on the fan and - Oh **** there are spiders everywhere!

Shit like that is why I lay awake at night.

Comments

I would probably have pissed and shit myself if I saw that.

It's okay when your in the shower 'cause nobody can see you... Hopefully...

It's okay to do that in the shower, 'cause nobody can see you... Hopefully...

The only good spider is a dead spider. Keep fighting the good fight.

Cool. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway

Eeeeep I would have had a heart attack!!!

If that were me I'm pretty sure I would've died right then and there of a heart attack. FYL OP.

You realize 9 times out of 10 a spider isn't venomous, right? Do you know how many spider bites I've had to treat? A fuckton. Do you know how many times I've had to apply antivenin? Almost never.

I'll huff! And I'll puff!!!! And YOL TOOR SHUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to give you a thumbs up #63 just for using a Skyrim reference that did not involve an arrow to the knee.

Time to get the hose, and show the little bastards who wears the trousers in your house!

Water doesn't seem to bother spiders that much.. I can just imagine the spiders grabbing tiny surf boards and taking advantage of the OP grabbing the hose.

bizarre_ftw 21
happyvocal 1

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPES EVERYWHERE

crazyblackchick 0

You just ruined an awesome spider orgy. For shame!

Why would you kill a spider???? They are useful, for example: they kill other animals like those annoying flies. They also don't do anything harmful to humans (they are only a bit creepy but that's all)

TheFamilyElf 17

Hey, if they're just chilling outside, that's cool with me. When they invade my house and have spider parties in my fan... That's when I get serious.

It also depends on the spider, because you just implied that the brown recluse spider and the black widow spider don't harm humans...

HolyPotato 9

Since when do spiders kill animals..?

linkinpark98 23

94 - Ever hear of the Goliath bird eating spider? Look it up. :)

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I can tell a lot of people Googled it simply by it being the third suggestion to pop up after just typing 'Goliath'.

94 - Last I checked spiders don't eat plants so what else are they supposed to eat?

Though the black widow is notably poisonous, there is an extremely high chance of it not injecting its poison when it bites.