By ugh - 21/04/2012 05:12 - United States - Athens

Today, while driving home after the legal curfew, I narrowly avoided a police roadblock and backtracked a mile to drive home another way. I then ran out of gas a mile away from my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 989
You deserved it 30 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just push the car home. When the officers stop you and ask what you are doing, tell them you tried to make it home before curfew but ran out of gas.

Comments

ohwhoaa95 6

I just got home with 1/4 quart tank xD it's 4 in the morning. My curfew is 6am-1am. (;

Listen, folks! A curfew is nothing but a limitation of your freedom. That's what communist countries did to keep people from knowing about the outside world, and to keep people locked up. Just look at North Korea. They are a tragic example over how this works. They are forced into believing that their leader is divine, they believe that being locked up will save them from the outside world, when they really need saving from North Korea. They are brainwashed! So those of you that think a legal curfew is a good thing are brainwashed. Oh, America, Land of the ignorant!

you can still drive if you was coming home from work. but if you wasnt coming from work then its your damn fault!

north korea isnt communist, its a totalitarian state, just like hitler said he was a socialist he was a dictator. a common misconception of communism, it is actually called marxism and it would work if power didnt corrupt people

Don't blame you I would've done the same.

YDI for letting your tank get so low.

You have.. a legal curfew? Wait, I thought America was supposed to be "free"? A legal curfew, seriously? Woah... that's pretty totalitarian if you ask me. FYL for having a ******* curfew, I can't blame you for ignoring it.

lol the commenters are freaking out about curfews being too "totalitarian" and denying people their freedom... Curfews are just for kids, not adults. If you're under 18 you can't drive after 11 pm on weeknights and midnight on weekends.

For everyone that is talking about the curfew, i am form Georgia just like OP, and no the rules about the curfew. as somebody else stated, there is first a curfew for the first few months of your drivers license, and secondly there is a state issued curfew for minors (under the age of 18). the curfew is in effect from 11:00 o clock on weeknights, and midnights on weekends, but is very very lenient in about 99.9% of the state when it comes to actually being enforced, that is unless you are doing something else illegal, so OP, YDI. second, if OP went 1 mile out of their way, and ran out of gas 1 mile from home, were they planning on running out of gas in their driveway or something?!?

Curfew?? Still better to walk home then to get busted for some stupid shit right?

Curfew? Wow.. Thank god I live in Australia. So much for the United States being a "free country"