By whatchagonnado - 24/03/2013 07:35 - Canada - Victoria

Today, while at my boyfriend's house, I needed to use the bathroom. I decided to be a good girlfriend and leave the seat up for him. He later yelled at me for not putting the seat down because he needed to take a dump. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 937
You deserved it 8 870

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tigerblossom 19

Just think of what would happen if you made a sandwich for him without him asking for one....

Comments

If I can't decide, I just close the lid.

MermaidAnnariea 10

it's actually better to close the lid, since urine & fecal matter (or whatever else is in the toilet) spray something like 8 ft from the toilet if it's left open. including onto your toothbrush. *shudders*

klovemachine 24

I close the lid because I have a cat and don't want to encourage her to drink from the toilet. And asking that the lid be closed obviates the seat up-seat down debate.

Lol I learned that from Bones... Booth was like I got new toothbrushes.. Hannah was like was like was it something bones said. Funniest episode ever

Mythbusters did a show on the whole fecal matter/toothbrush thing and apparently even if you have your toothbrush in a drawer, it still has trace amounts of fecal matter *shudder*

I will never understand the toilet seat issue. Look before you use a toilet and adjust it to your needs. It's one of the dumbest things to get mad over.

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with a juggalo, but here we are.

I love the role reversal going on in this FML.

It's okay, he deserves it for leaving it for not checking it himself. And he probably leaves it up for you all the time anyway.

That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, why would he ever want that?

Tell him to stop showing his arse - you just can't deal with all his crap. He clearly needs to get his shit together, else he can just piss off. I won't tell you to dump him just yet, but keep an eye out - this situation could get messy pretty fast. And when it does, runs.

perdix 29

Who doesn't look? It's not fair, but guys have to lift the seat to pee and put it down when we are done. Any deviation from this norm will cause chaos!

skyeyez9 24

But had he left the seat up when you needed to use it, he would not have cared that you dont like the seat up.

Here's a thought that may one day save peace and stability in human civilization: If you need the seat up, put it up yourself; If you need the seat down, put it down yourself.

Nonsense!! That's just way too logical.

You can't always assume that guys only need to pee. He shouldn't have complained to you about it though - it's not a big deal to put the seat down. Some guys just like to have the seat down though. I tend to leave my toilet seat down when I'm done using it - I think it looks odd when the seat is up.

#32 - A lad who leaves the seat down? Brace yourself. The ladies are a-comin'.

Wow. Seems like a lose lose situation.