By farmwithnobarn - 30/05/2009 05:48 - United States

Today, we had to have our vet put our horse down. Afterwards we were discussing burial options. We then find the cat with a broken neck. Had to have her put down also. Now we have animal services questioning us for animal abuse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 000
You deserved it 3 866

countrysparrow tells us more.

countrysparrow 0

hey, i'm the one who had to put the animals down. this is very real. the horse was very old and got an infection, and had to be put down. now, you cant just take your horse to the vet, like you can with a dog or cat, you have to have the vet make a house call. so the vet came by prepared to uthanize the horse, Monster. before, going out to the barn, (yes, where we keep our horses, there is a barn, just not on the farm that we live, which is why the horses are not on our property, so no, that is not animal abuse), we went to the deckhouse, to discuss burial options, since it is illegal where we live to bury animals without a permit. we got to the house, to find one of the barn cats with a broken neck. now we have a doggie door in the kitchen for the dogs, but the cats use it to, since they are both indoor/outdoor animals. we are guessing that the cat went out to the barn, like they always do, and got to close behind a cow or horse, and got kicked. you never know, she might even have jumped off a high ledge, cats necks are very fragile. but anyway, the barn had to have the cat put down, along with us having to put Monster down. so the county wanted to temporarily shut down the barn for investigation, but pulled out, because there was nothing wrong with any of the other several animals. and to number 5, shooting animals is considered animal abuse, and even though my family owns guns, most around us do, we would NEVER consider shooting an animal, even if it was to put it out of its misory, unless we absolutely had to. hope that straightens everybody out, and thank you too all that were polite and didnt mock or laugh about our situation, and took it seriously. this is not a laughing matter.

Top comments

sorry to hear your animals are dead but what are the odds ? i don't blame the animal service

Comments

trilliamme 0

#5, people like you disgust me. OP, I'm so sorry about your losses.

hornetchik 0

If its done in a humane way where they die instantly, what the hell is the problem? Its sick when you get people who don't know what they are doing however, and the animal suffers and takes longer to die... You guys are obviously townies...

This is really not funny, at all, kinda boring really But poor you all the same, sorry for your loss

This is really not funny, at all, kinda boring really But poor you all the same, sorry for your loss

cattoe7 0

maybe you're not an animal kind of person

rachieelynn 0

aww im to sorry tht i no how tht feel to put a horse down we had to do tht before because it was running in a field after being chased by another horse and broke its leg and he was old . people r so rude sometimes .

SirAlan 0

u sure YOU didn't break the cat's neck?

oh no! im so sorry. i lost one of my best horses last year to an infection. it was really upsetting. and the cat.... howd the hell did it break its neck?

Xboxman 0

Now you know now it feels to be PETA, with everyone coming up with ridiculous accusations that the animals you euthanize, you do for fun. (I'm on PETA's side, by the way)