By OfficeDroneWoman - 23/07/2013 17:16 - United States - Gaithersburg

Today, we got a new employee at work. I said hi, and told her that if she needed help figuring out our computer system, then to give me a call. She promptly accused me of sexual harassment and filed a complaint against me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 799
You deserved it 3 423

OfficeDroneWoman tells us more.

OfficeDroneWoman 1

OP here. Some of you noticed it said "woman." Yes, I'm a woman. That's why her complaint made no sense. Glad to report, though, that after a couple days HR got back to me and said I was off the hook, and told her that if she makes any more accusations like that, she'll be fired. She can't even look me in the eye now.

Top comments

Comments

So "figuring out the computer system" is what they call it nowadays, is it?

She probably was alittle crazy OP. I'd suggest to avoid her

what the f*** what a headcase people like that you shouldn't waste your time with at least you were trying to be nice two points for you

You should said Girl(or Bitch), you not even my type & walked away in sassy matter. Nvm, that is a even worse thing to do. You should document everything when you have to deal with her cause she's mental.

I'd tell a coworker just within range of her, "That girl filed a sexual harassment complaint when I was trying to help. I don't want her! She's butt ugly! Did you see that gap between her teeth?" Problem solved.

Epikouros 31

Then she'll sue for creating a hostile work environment...

Some people out there have no idea how the world works nor do they appreciate honest help. Sad times we live in when something so innocent goes incredibly sideways.

Yep, that's Maryland. I can honestly say that we're the bitchiest, most anti-social state in the US.

That isn't grounds for sexual harassment. What is it that you haven't told us?

This is ridiculous... All the stuff with sexual harassment I mean. First of all this isn't a reason for sexual harassment and second - why do you have to complain for people making you compliments? I mean if I were a women - I would be happy for men making me compliments, why should I complain?

LudicMonster 22

Because it isn't a compliment if you feel threatened, uncomfortable, or harassed.