By OfficeDroneWoman - 23/07/2013 17:16 - United States - Gaithersburg

Today, we got a new employee at work. I said hi, and told her that if she needed help figuring out our computer system, then to give me a call. She promptly accused me of sexual harassment and filed a complaint against me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 799
You deserved it 3 423

OfficeDroneWoman tells us more.

OfficeDroneWoman 1

OP here. Some of you noticed it said "woman." Yes, I'm a woman. That's why her complaint made no sense. Glad to report, though, that after a couple days HR got back to me and said I was off the hook, and told her that if she makes any more accusations like that, she'll be fired. She can't even look me in the eye now.

Top comments

Comments

Steve95401 49

This should make for some very awkward coffee breaks.

Did you wink at her that she took it that way?

Some people are just so dumb... or self obsessed... or worse, both

Ok was this downvoted because people thought it was about OP? I meant it about the woman who filed the SH claim

No, it was just a poorly-written comment.

I think your best bet at this point is to avoid her if possible. She's obviously very touchy and possibly a little paranoid.

I have stopped talking to women where I work because this happens too often where I work.

TheDrifter 23

It seems to have become a preferred method of climbing the corporate ladder all over the industrialized world. Just keep filing sexual harassment claims until you have the authority to simply fire the people you're jealous of.

As a woman, I can tell you that the only one who hates those women more than men are other women. They give us a bad name and cause people to dismiss real cases of sexual harrassment.

Were you motorboating her while you said it, by any chance?

Yes because motorboating can be construed as sexual harassment in certain situations. I know stuff!

Good job for being nice OP, it sucks that bad things happen to good people

simplysarcastics 26

I am a nice person but when you show some people kindness they can somehow twist it lol. I guess it went like this- hey new girl, since your new and all I figured you would want help on how things work here. Excuse me! What are you trying to come on to me! I do not wish to be violated sir. *Dials boss.

There's a person from the crazy percentage of the world