By Renagirl - 09/09/2013 12:46 - United States - East Hartford

Today, the guy I love asked me if hooking up counted as dating, because he thinks I'm "super hot," but he doesn't want "all the relationship shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 419
You deserved it 5 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

What a superficial dick. Don't hook up with an arrogant asswad like that.

Comments

ninety 25

Yeah, it's time to let that one go, OP. If he's saying that, all that will happen is you will get your heart broken worse. It will hurt, but not as much as the day when he finally trades you in.

You need to get better taste in boyfriends!

chocolatefrog28 29

He's a waste of time and space to you if he thinks that way, you're better off finding someone who wants all the bells and whistles of a relationship with you.

toxic_venom 4

why does everyone say this guys an asshole just saying assholes dont ask thy would **** her n move on hes just being honest yea it sux tht the guy u love doesnt love u back but life is filled with hit and missed

I agree with you but thumbed you down because your spelling "sux"

So exactly how do you know that you "love him"? It sounds like you don't know him well enough to decide. You may be infatuated with him, but that implies you are in love with your idealized fantasy version of him. Or maybe you are lusting after him. That's not love either.

Agreed! I also don't think this guy is as big jerk as people are saying. OP didn't say "boyfriend" or hint at any existing relationship. Apparently he just knows she has a crush on him, and was honest about his feelings and intentions. Honesty, even when its shallow and a bit douchey, is respectable. Best he let her know exactly what to expect from him.

I could not agree more. I had a male friend, Mike, come up to me recently and ask me on a date. I turned him down, saying I was not in the mood to be dating since I recently broke up with a boyfriend of a few years. He got upset. I found out later that he claimed to be "in love" with me. He told people I was rude to him. I was made to look like a conniving **** because he was too hurt to be honest and tell the truth. I kind of feel like a lot of the people claiming he is a jerk have been in a similar situation where they like someone and that person used/turned them down/rejected them. Sure, the guys comments were not eloquent, but we do not know the whole conversation. Just that she loves him and he turned her down. If I were to ask a guy out and he told me he just wanted to sleep around, I would be comforted by the knowledge that while he thought I was cute he respected me enough to let me know what he wanted. No lies or mistaken meaning. I would be able to move on from that.

Do you realize the guy you claim to "love" only wants you as a **** buddy?

perdix 29

#40, that term does kind of sound fun and merry, don't you think?

There are plenty of fish in the sea, OP. Time to cut him loose. You'll find someone less of an ass eventually.

In a way this guy is better than most guys. Atleast he made it clear he only wanted to sleep with you. He could've pretended to like you just to get in your pants then harshly dumped you.

He's not worth your time. And I bet the sex would be horrible because it'd be all about him and none about you. Don't do it. Find another love. Someone who's nice.

Why is what Op wants more important than what he wants? In the end, relationships are about two people who compromise to make their relationship work. It takes a lot of time, energy, emotion, and dedication. If the guy does not want to give up sex to be with her, he is not an asshole. He is well within his right to say, "Hey, you are attractive, I just want to sleep with you." Op was not in a relationship with him. If she loved him, then she would know more about him. She would know he was into sex and did not want to be in a relationship. I don't believe love of the romantic kind can form without being in the relationship with someone. She could love him as a friend, lust for him, or admire him, but romantically... I do not believe she was in love with him. He does not owe her anything.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

EmsyyyRose13 24

That is an idiotic, outdated, and sexist saying.