By eyelashess - 29/06/2011 04:10 - United States

Today, our carbon monoxide detector started beeping. My mom started freaking out and made me go stand outside so I "don't die". I stood outside for 20 minutes, it was raining and it turned out that the detector was just low on battery. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 225
You deserved it 4 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bigmanj28 0

why did she stay inside if she was like "your gonna diee" ...

Comments

Babygurl320_fml 0

I walked 2 miles in pouring rain consider yourself lucky

franticravyn 7

Were you wearig white pants...? O.o

franticravyn 7

Would you rather have stayed inside and actually died due to carbon monoxide or stay outside and live? I have smelt carbon monoxide, it's made me light headed before when I was 17, I know some effects before death, and I work as a Nurse Practitioner. With changing the battery... that will save you from the future of actually getting hit with carbon monoxide. Better Safe than sorry, that's a life and death situation. I don't appreciate you putting "don't die" in quotations because it could have been real, and carbon monoxide is toxic and deadly and it seems like you think you won't ever die due to carbon monoxide. It can always happen to you, don't ever think it wont.

this is exactly what happened to me!! 

narutou546 4
irocscott 2

you people are missing the point. which is his mother is stupid and doesn't know the difference between a single beep meaning the battery is low and a constant deafening alarm designed to wake you up.

sappy0 5

I think you're missing the point that not everybody knows this little fact & when they hear the thing going off all of a sudden, they'd rather be safe than sorry.

She was just trying to protect you. No need to whine to the internet about her..

Alysin 14

boo hoo your mom cares about you

did your mom go outside ???????? and I think you are suppose to check your battery like once a month ????!!!!>

carbon monoxide is like a fire alarm right ????!!!