By Cinderella - 09/07/2017 14:55

Today, my house was so dusty that when I started to clean it, the smoke detector went off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 912
You deserved it 2 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dust shouldn't have anything to do with setting off a smoke detector. how are you cleaning it?

msshaila 3

It does, smoke detectors sense a change in particle density in the air... not actually smoke.

Comments

dust shouldn't have anything to do with setting off a smoke detector. how are you cleaning it?

msshaila 3

It does, smoke detectors sense a change in particle density in the air... not actually smoke.

azouwa 26

If the filter gets dirty enough it'll go off. The detectors can't tell the difference between dust and smoke. I have to clean my filters every few years with air duster for this reason.

onceuponatime456 16

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Oh no, that's most certainly possible. Dust blocks radiation just like smoke does, so it can set detectors off just fine.

You’d better get out of the house! A dust explosion could happen if your house is that dusty!

I don't know why people are giving you the thumbs down. An excessive amount of dust actually is a fire risk, and if a fire starts there could be an explosion. That's why there have been devastating explosions in mills with lots of flour

dancegypsy 0

It's happened to me, when using a vacuum that is not well sealed. Smoke detectors can be fooled.

Well I mean if your going to use a flame thrower yaaa!

Even the smoke detector thinks the house needs to be cleaned.

What are you cleaning it with, a flamethrower???

bulls**t do you even know how smoke detector works? it detects ions that are only found when carbon based things burn