By ChiefKoala - 22/01/2016 17:05 - United States - Rockwood

Today, one of my professors left a cabinet door open whilst teaching class. The compulsion to get up and close it was so strong that I could barely concentrate on what was being taught. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 590
You deserved it 3 454

ChiefKoala tells us more.

ChiefKoala 30

Okay. Wow I can't believe this got posted! So anyway, I do this at home. Like before I go to bed I HAVE to make sure the two doors that lead outside are locked and that every cabinet door in the house is closed. And I probably do have OCD, As I have anxiety and Severe depression to boot as well. For those wondering: I didn't get up and close it for a few reasons. 1.) I didn't want to interrupt him. 2.) I figured he would find it rude and stupid to just get up and close a door that probably only bothered me. And 3.) I have anxiety, so getting up or even speaking in a class full of students is damn near impossible. Also, all of his lectures are also on Momentum (Which is basically how we email our teachers and get all the material we need for the class like the syllabus and shit) so I've already looked over what he taught for today. And to the person who said "i would not do anything, because im not compulsive about minor things like that." That's fantastic. Why don't you give yourself a pat on the back? I live with and am stuck around people who see that as "minor" and don't do anything about it. I know what a "normal" person looks like. I can't help it. I know it's minor, and i know that i shouldn't worry about it or be bothered by it. But I literally can't help it. So forgive me for being different. Thanks to the person who made the "Close" joke. OR if you were even making a joke. Regardless, i found it relatively funny and it made me giggle.

Top comments

thehappycamper 13

OCD much? I get the same compulsion too.

Comments

I feel you! That's as bad as when they erase the whiteboard but do it sloppily and leave dots of marker everywhere.

I went up to a professor once to ask about something as he was erasing the board from the class that was there before us. He missed a spot, so when he turned around, I wiped it off real quick because it would've bugged the entire hour and a half lecture if not.

Oh OP :( I'm the same but with sounds. If someone is making an annoying sound, I focus so much on the sound that I miss whatever is going on.

Judging by your photo, description about yourself, and comment, I'm guessing your 8-10. You can't just randomly get up in the middle of a college/university speech/lesson to "close a door".

Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door, no!

ChiefKoala 30

You win haha. That's beautiful. *Applauding.* I haven't listened to that song in forever.

Oh geez.. When I was in high school, I literally raised my hand and told the teacher, "can you please change the volume on the TV to an even number? I can't concentrate on the presentation." I have terrible OCD so if anything is out of order or an odd number I can't focus. Slightly weird for the teacher, but she changed it and everything was good. Just tell the teacher next time, it's not worth being that uncomfortable.

My sister hates it when the volume is on even numbers. I can't stand it when it's on odd numbers. Trying to watch tv together is a nightmare.