By Broon - 25/05/2012 19:55 - United Kingdom - Leeds

Today, on the brink of a stiflingly hot summer, I've come to a terrible realisation. It seems the apartment I've just moved into has been specially insulated to trap enough heat inside for the occupants to survive the planet's next Ice Age. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 965
You deserved it 2 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

FMLshark 12

Well at least there's hope when the next Ice Age comes around.

Use the AC? FYL for the summer though.

They live in the UK, we generally don't have Air Conditioning in our buildings. I know I have never come across an Air conditioned building in the UK, well besides the Eden Project.

AC is reserved for shopping centres and 'spensive cars. Everyone else has to use fans :(

I feel ya, OP! My downstairs neighbour grows weed in his apartment, and my flat has been unbearable in this crazy British weather. Think on the bright side: your heating bill will be pish :D

sarahrocrocrocks 5
bengermin 5

Agreed. How hot can it possibly get in Leeds? Here in the South it gets 110 degrees plus, with considerable humidity, too.

#24, what part of the south are you from? o.O

dragonstrike94 8
bengermin 5

^ yes, American south. South Alabama, specifically.

I feel ya, 41. Georgian right here. At least I'm moving to Colorado this summer~ It's fun to watch you rage.

... Colorado gets hot too, depending on where you move. It got up to 90 today.

Don't be a bully. We've had a lot of weather changes in the UK. When you're used to temperatures of 5 degrees it's a little bit of a shock when suddenly its 26 the next week. Feel free to change that to Fahrenheit.

bengermin 5

I hope you don't think I'm the bully. What England misses in hot, wet heat it makes up for in biting cold. When it gets below 50 (F) people in the (American) south start wearing parkas and acting like they're losing their minds.

#41 - Then be nice, us Brits are ******* in heat. The second the sun comes out we're all half naked and lounging around the streets, moaning about how hot we are.

MasterE56 4

Get a swimming pool. Ohh wait you live in an apartment. Sucks to be u bro.

TarieBoo 2

apartments have pools too...

My apartment complex has a pool, so your stereotyping apartments as pool-less is invalid.

Living in Leeds, I'm sure you won't have worry about the stifingly hot weather for long...

TheDrifter 23

Yeah, everyone knows it's trailer parks not apartments that will survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Thank god for rednecks, they have the really big trucks and really big guns stockpiled.