By authentic - 18/02/2009 23:20 - United States

Today, my tattoo artist boyfriend of five months gave me my first tattoo in celebration of my 18th birthday. It was supposed to be a heart with my name in script. He spelled my name wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 860
You deserved it 17 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fucked4Life 0

I agree with #4, thats some sort of ego when you get your own name tattooed on your arm.

mikeyellenlee 0

Why would you get your name tattooed on you? Just in case you forget it? And if you're boyfriend doesn't know how to spell your name after five months, then you should get rid of him. Wow, get some sense.

Comments

why didn't you look at the stencil first? GOOD tattoo artists stencil it on your body first so you can look at it and make sure it's okay. you're just dumb. or he's just an awful artist.

Had to rush and get that ink, didn't you? Pffft.

Terribly sorry about that, it does really suck. However.... To reiterate what almost everyone has said above me...it's your own fault! First of all, I will never understand how people get misspelled tattoos. A good tattoo artist is supposed to draw out the tat first and SHOW IT TO YOU. Then, they transfer it to a different paper to stencil it on you. AFTER WHICH THEY SHOW IT TO YOU AGAIN. If your boyfriend did none of these things, then he isn't a good tattoo artist. Oh, and as for getting your OWN name inked on you, either you're incredibly vain, or incredibly forgetful and stupid.

Or it's unique or pretty to her and she likes it and wants it as a tattoo. I wrote my name (first name) as I do in my signature and had it tattooed on me. It's pretty and I have pretty writing. And it's my body to with as I please. Besides, it's a billion times better than getting someone else's name.

#13, it's a guy-thing? No, it's a retard-thing. If your boyfriend can't spell your name, he probably has the mental capacity of a squirrel. Keep him away from sharp things.

thats what u get for getting a tattoo

...why would you get a tattoo of your name? Or anyones name? Unless its like...your kids. I guess thats alright. Next time, get some cool drawing or something. Avoid such spelling problems :)

lol... ydi for dating a dumbass... oh and being one too - getting your own name tattooed on yourself, did you think you would forget it or something?

0_X 0

you can always get it tattooed over or something.. happy birthday though!

Agree with #4, 5, and the rest. Tattooing your own name on yourself? What, d'you think you'll forget your name or something?