By CapnCrunchKat - 09/05/2014 06:06 - United States - Dover

Today, my store manager told me I was fired. I'm not sure what's more insulting - that he'd fire me, or that he forgot I haven't worked there in four months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 042
You deserved it 3 794

CapnCrunchKat tells us more.

OP here. I don't have time to reply to every single comment, so here's the answers to all of your questions: 1. I was there because I was shopping. I work retail. Duh. "Store manager". 2. I resigned four months ago, with this manager witnessing. Also, I'm not a "he". Lol.

Top comments

You could've missed work for four months and still had a job.

We are you fired up? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Comments

OP here. I don't have time to reply to every single comment, so here's the answers to all of your questions: 1. I was there because I was shopping. I work retail. Duh. "Store manager". 2. I resigned four months ago, with this manager witnessing. Also, I'm not a "he". Lol.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory that you were shopping there. But thanks for the follow up!

We are you fired up? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I just figured you'd gotten an email or something. But shopping there makes sense too.

even 'were you fired up' doesn't make much sense. also, autocorrect doesn't assume you meant we're instead of were, you have to actually pick that from the list. In my experience at least.

You should've asked him for his manager for poor customer service

Any chance of a follow up with why he wanted to fire you? I'm wondering if he thought you were doing on company time, mixed you up, someone who had heard your name blamed you for their mistakes?

Well you probably don't have an iphone then sir.

beelee1988 13

My phone corrects were to we're all the time. it is frustrating to say the least. My iPod touch does it too.

If you quit four months ago why do you still call him your manager?

vde_fml 15

When you quit school do you stop calling your teacher, "my teacher"....

that is different I don't call ex manger any but my old manager

Why would you say, "my store manager" if you are no longer employed there? Weird wording…

nurchok 15

Well in that case, why didn't you tell him to go **** her/himself

Did you go to the establishment to shop and he saw you and fired you again or? Did he just like call you and tell you lol

You can't fire me because I quit... four months ago!