By CapnCrunchKat - 09/05/2014 06:06 - United States - Dover

Today, my store manager told me I was fired. I'm not sure what's more insulting - that he'd fire me, or that he forgot I haven't worked there in four months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 042
You deserved it 3 794

CapnCrunchKat tells us more.

OP here. I don't have time to reply to every single comment, so here's the answers to all of your questions: 1. I was there because I was shopping. I work retail. Duh. "Store manager". 2. I resigned four months ago, with this manager witnessing. Also, I'm not a "he". Lol.

Top comments

You could've missed work for four months and still had a job.

We are you fired up? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Comments

grapefruit_hd 7

Ask him for the 4 monthes that he didn't pay you to pay you

m1na 4

Don't allow yourself be insulted by idiots.

cryssycakesx3 22

you bring a very good/valid point, I hadn't thought of. perhaps the boss completely cut OP's hours for 4 months, and just decided to say "your fired."

kellyem2 20

I'd roll with it and report missing paychecks for those four months. Haha

Huh what were you doing there if you weren't working. Makes noooo sense

If he's your store manager, then you've worked there, just haven't shown up for work.

CyberGothic 16

If ever there was a time for the old "You can't fire me..." followed by whatever you feel is appropriate. Personally, I'd have followed it with the classic "Go F yourself, moron." and the classic Bird In The Face gesture.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You should've let him have it. Or you should have told him "I made this occupation redundant months. Your services are no longer needed."

I would've laughed at him. Then told him he needs to see a psychiatrist since I hadn't been working there for four months. What an idiot. Clearly on top of his job :-)

Seems he'd been dying to do it anyways.