By CapnCrunchKat - 09/05/2014 06:06 - United States - Dover

Today, my store manager told me I was fired. I'm not sure what's more insulting - that he'd fire me, or that he forgot I haven't worked there in four months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 042
You deserved it 3 794

CapnCrunchKat tells us more.

OP here. I don't have time to reply to every single comment, so here's the answers to all of your questions: 1. I was there because I was shopping. I work retail. Duh. "Store manager". 2. I resigned four months ago, with this manager witnessing. Also, I'm not a "he". Lol.

Top comments

You could've missed work for four months and still had a job.

We are you fired up? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Comments

So why were you at your old place of employment?

Considering it was a store, I'm going to guess... shopping?

Well if this happens more often you can have a bit if fun with it

You should see if you can get a compensation package for being fired, OP!

then what were you doing there and more importantly places of work usually t have a uniform. soooo?

graceinsheepwear 33

There are many workplaces that don't have a uniform.

Britt125 16

They were probably shopping there... Also not everywhere has a uniform. Most large businesses do but a lot of smaller ones don't, and the manager could also have just thought that OP didn't want to wear their uniform or left it at home or something.

cryssycakesx3 22

is this a real question? it's not like OP worked at some nuclear facility or office on wall street and he was dropping by for a visit. it was clearly a store of sorts that, you know, people (even ones that used to work there) shop at. additionally, I would like to punch folks in the throat when they end a question with "soooo," when a question mark would suffice.

PainOfDemise 11

No wonder he fired you! You haven't been showing up for the past four months.

She obviously quit that job four moths prior. Just the store manager forgot I guess.

FMLL2016 16

Good u can get a paycheck for those 4 months!!

He was making sure you remembered! ya know.. Some people totally forget they don't work for that company. right? *rolls eyes*

I wonder, did he fire you for not showing up at work? If so, why did it take him 4 months to figure out you weren't there. And for those wondering why the OP was still there, maybe he/she wasn't and his senile manager fired him/her over the phone.

Or maybe you got fired for never showing up