By QWERTY - 03/04/2011 23:20

Today, my roommate thought it would be a good idea to show me his huge new tarantula despite knowing that I have extremely severe arachnophobia. I ended up killing it with a book and apparently now owe him $500. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 176
You deserved it 18 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you sound an annoying, drama feeding, self loving teen. just saying "omg I would totally stand on it with like my platforms"

Comments

I'm with 74 on this one. I raise and keep tarantulas and have never paid more than $250 for a spider, whether it be a s'ling, juvie, or adult. Even P. Metallica slings rarely go for more than $300 and they're really sought after..

but p matalica female adult could easily hit 500 I no if I wanna keep it like I wanna keep a p matalica for a long time I pay for female I got 21 t's

I think killing a spider with a book is more premeditated than someone with a real phobia is capable of. YDI for over-reacting and killing the poor creature (even if it Is hideous). And your roommate deserves it for being so irresponsible with his spider. I think you should rather take the $500 and donate it to an animal welfare on his behalf.

I just feel sorry for the spider who died. Sure, you might think it´s ugly and hideous, but it´s still a life form... I won´t judge your phobia, but I doubt, that a spider has ever done any harm to you, so basically you hurt more spiders than vice versa...

ydi. tarantulas are not even venomous. they are cute and harmless.

actually dome of them are like the blue tarantula

No but they can kick little hairs into your face if you startle them.

wrong all tarantulas have venom from a rose hair about a bee sting to a pokie which causes u to not be able to fell bite area like arm or move intense pain and the sensation of boiling what're running threw Ur veins

glitchedgamer 0

Don't pay! That's like throwing a $500 ice cube into a fire then blaming the fire.

No it's like putting a $500 ice cube in a glass on the other side of the room and the fire burning the house down. Inappropriate reaction. Pay up (the appropriate amount.. ask for a receipt) OP.

bitch thats someones pet, would you kill a puppy with a book? damn right you owe him 500 bucks

zowieandzander77 1

Your roomate is a douchbag! It's completely unreasonable to bring home a pet, especially a controversial one like a spider, into a shared living space without discussing it with the other people who live there. I'm guessing you just freaked, as I would, and didn't mean to kill it. talk to your landlord it's possible pets like that are not allowed. I would move out.

zowieandzander77 1
tucansam555 3

that's ur fault asshole quit being a puzzy

notquite69 0

Everyone has an excuse for being a douche and doing whatever they want. I have this. I have that. It's not my fault because I can't control myself. Take some damn responsibility for your own actions. He didn't put the spider on you. You had no reason to kill his pet. You DO owe him $500.

Let's just hope OP runs into an arachnophobophobe. "Oh, I'm sorry I shot you! I can't help it! It's my DISEASE!"