By Anonymous - 09/03/2010 08:57 - United States

Today, my roommate confronted me about my eating disorder. She described in length how emaciated my chest has become and how she wants to help. Except I don't have an eating disorder. My sternum is deformed and I have only recently become confident enough to wear low-cut tops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 616
You deserved it 2 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People suck, OP. don't listen to them. Your sternum isn't your fault and I bet you're gorgeous.

justanotherbird 19

Aw, that is really terrible. They didn't know and were just trying to help, but that doesn't make sucks any less.

Comments

FruityLoooons 8

Well, tell her what you just told us, and at the end of it, ask "So how stupid do you feel right now?"

057alf 0
TheWaaaaambulanc 0

Hahaha. Hahahahaha! AHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHA! All this inner beauty bullcrap Is annoying. Do guys hit on ugly girls for their inner beauty? No. Not at all. In theory =/= in real life

Your name is fail. No room for that 'e', huh?

You fail for thinking all girls want to get hit on or that all boys are as shallow as you are. OP could be a stunner that even you would hit on if she were in a turtleneck. One abnormality does not equal ugly.

We weren't sayin she was ugly but way to take it out of context. We're talking fuggos and fatties. BOOBS ON A HOT CHICK! because you can't motorboat a personality.

Oh please. You've made it very clear that you have never in your life gotten close to a pair of breasts. Unless she was roofie'd.

i'm sorry that you think all girls are stupid feminists who're attracted to d bags with no spines. my girlfriend would beg to differ.

kitty_pat_10 0

Dude I totally know how you feel. I have the same deformity with my sternum as well.

xokaitlyn94x3 0

I'm sorry OP, but if she had no idea I can see where she's coming from. she was. obviously just bold and caring enough to say something.don't let it get to you she was just looking out for you. and 22, I really hope your kidding. you are obviously way to cocky

Show some nipple and nobody will even notice your sternum.

lowcut 0

I'm the OP. The condition is called pectus excavatum, meaning that the sternum sinks in. Mine is mostly just cosmetic, fortunately. I have 100% respect for those willing to confront loved ones with eating disorders. Those afflicted by these horrible diseases absolutely deserve the love and support of their friends and family. Unfortunately, this roommate of mine is a bigger gal that often picks apart the eating habits of those thinner than her. I'm not the only one she has "diagnosed" with a disorder. Not by far. Neither has my explanation of the deformity phased her any. I’ve learned to take it in stride. As it turns out, with the right bra, my sternum can have quite the cleavage-enhancing property. Who knew?

krisgonewild 0

good for you. cleavage ftw haha

c65495 1

aw I'm sorry I have one too. it sucks :/

I know how you feel, the bottom left side of my rib cage is deformed. it juts out and makes me look like i am skinnier than I am, and that's pretty skinny anyway