By Victoria - 12/07/2016 14:10

Today, my mother still refuses to acknowledge my son as her grandson, all because I had a C-section, which she says is unnatural and against God's will. I only had the C-section in the first place for health reasons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 639
You deserved it 1 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

How dare you be careful with your own life?! That's not gods will! In all seriousness though, do you really want a crazy, over-zealously religious woman like that be near your son? Be thankful, maybe?

Maybe that wasn't an option 2000 years ago. Neither was half the stuff she owns.

Comments

Just gonna sit that and wait for all the "Christians are horrible people" and the "Christians are crazy bleh bleh bleh bleh" bullcrap to start flowing in.

"Either you start acting appropriately towards _____ or we will not be seeing you at all."

Your mother is missing out on the wonder of her grand child. Sadly extreme religious beliefs always deny the believer the opportunity to experience the wonder of things all because of a belief system soaked in fear and insane rules. Some day she will come around. Until then know that your child is a blessing. Enjoy being a mom and be the best mom you can be

Meanwhile, God is up in heaven, frantically mashing his omni-keyboard and mumbling to himself, "Wait, when the hell did Victoria have a SON? Dammit, this is just what I get for putting the object instantiation protocol in the ******: null-pointers and unverified package handling. Fine, I'll add the kid in manually. I really should've spent more than six days on this crap. Ugh, at least Victoria's mom gets me."

Would she have preferred a life-losing alternative!?

By having had a little too much contact with religious nutjobs, I can safely say: Yes, very often they actually DO pick the life-losing option, just because they believe it is some invisble genie's will... Example, go to a church cemetery, preferable one with older headstones as well. You will see a disturbing amount of double headstones where both mother and child died on the same date...

I would keep her away from your son.

4everBroken 13

Don't listen to her, she just doesn't understand, people who say that don't at all... Why risk your own health and not be there for your child?? If it helps you both get out safe and healthy that's all that should matter... Because giving birth is risky... And it can kill you if you have an issue for whatever reason. No God would ever ask you to risk your life for no reason that's insane..

amen. there are various reasons for c sections and most of them involve life or death situations for mommy and baby. I'm glad to see so much support for a c section mom. it warms my frigid little heart.

I had a c section and get shit for it from randos who I could care less about... we almost died... don't let her be a Debby Downer when she should just be happy and thankful you're both alive and healthy. I'm happy and thankful you and your precious son are alive and healthy. Don't take shit from anyone, you're a superhero.

Seriously..? I don't doubt it's true, but..it's hard to believe people will give others shit over having a c-section. I'm glad you can ignore the idiots but it's terrible you even have to deal with it.