By Anonymous - 30/10/2009 14:23 - United States

Today, my mother sent my birthday present to me four days late. It was a handy keychain blood alcohol detector so I can make sure I'm sober before I drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 847
You deserved it 7 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a gag gift my Dad would give me, even though I'm too much of a wuss to drink. I'll kill myself slowly with cola, thanks.

My older brother just died because he was hit by a drunk driver. I think it's a thoughtful gift to give someone. It shows they care.

Comments

hows this an FML? U got a birthday present? 0_0

tyhillman 0

Yeah I mean I would love to have one myself lol. Her life definitely doesn't suck.

mohomonopoly 0

That actually sounds like quite the nifty gift.

its an FML if you got a DUI in the four days the present was late.

dude seriously u don't know the magic behind those things. Go the bar and start showing everybody, tell them that you are trying to reach a certain blood alcohol level (aim for .20) and watch everyone buy u shots!

Yeah... how IS this an FML?????? I think it's a pretty awesome birthday present

that's awesome cool and helpful. how much did it cost and is it accurate?

22cute 17

Not only is it a great thing to have, it also shows that your mother loves you! She wants to keep you alive but doesn't want to stop you enjoying yourself.

I don't see the FML. Not only did you GET a birthday present, it's an AWESOME one! Hello, Life of the Party!?

I totally agree. You mom may have been late with the present, but that's the best present a mom could ever give you! Freakin' brilliant!

perhaps OP is saying 4 days late as in she got a DUI 4 days ago?

i would piss myself laughing if that is the case

Yes, I don't get it. My mom bought me one of those years ago, but it never worked (then again, I don't drink and drive). But it was the thought that counted....why is this an FML?

Sounds like a gag gift my Dad would give me, even though I'm too much of a wuss to drink. I'll kill myself slowly with cola, thanks.

I don't understand why this is an fml. fMl for taking the time to read this. I think it would be an FML if you were a recovering alcoholic or 52 years old.

YES. I know much worse potential FMLs that were rejected, and this one made it? I thought that this was a good gift - a reminder to be responsible.

Not an FML, but I saw those little keychain breathalyzers on woot.com a while back. They're awesome, but not all that reliable. It's more of a party gag than anything.

Or, she could have given you a bottle of Everclear to make sure you're NOT sober before you drive.

perdix 29

I guess if you are at a party and you are too drunk to drive, I'm sure you can find some guy to drive you home. I don't know where you will wake up, but you will have been driven. Maybe more than once.

GeneralBE 0

YDI if your not in college you are probably an alcoholic, its not an FML if you're in college you just have a cool mom