By liberatedwoman - 11/08/2009 14:57 - Oman

Today, my mother sat me down to tell me that since coming home from college, I sounded like "a liberated woman." She was disappointed and disturbed by this, and said that I should stop having strong opinions and ideals because it would make finding a husband for me difficult. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 095
You deserved it 7 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

softbonez 0

Tell your mom to shut the **** up and that this isn't the 1950's.

Don't stop being "a liberated woman" everyone should use their brains and being willing to speak in a peaceful manor and have discussions on issues. Besides I would rather date a woman that can tell me that I am wrong and then we can discuss why I am wrong and find common ground. Keep it up, your doing the right thing.

Comments

Kharaman 0

Oh, to be a woman in the Middle East. You have my sympathy.

You all suck, why would women need rights, they didnt before and everyone was happy and look at this, now they try to claim rights to shit and it all just fails.

I would like to point out that there is a limit to being a "liberated woman". If i had to guess I would say like 80% of men will eventually get pissed off at a wife that refuses to cook/clean at all. There's nothing wrong with an EDUCATED woman, but they should still cook/clean every once in awhile. I'm not saying only women should work the house, men can too. The thing is nowadays a lot of women won't cook or clean or just plain suck at it. Maybe the mother had just cause; the girl may have been acting stuck up. Maybe she is acting like she is above cleaning. Then the mother would have just cause. Oh, and sorry about grammer and spelling; I typed this on my phone!

Tell your mom that if a man doesn't want you because you have your own opinions, he's not worth your time, nor is he worth being accepted into HER family.

*Sigh* College students. Reassure your mom that a few years in the real world beats the extreme idealism of college out of the vast majority of people.

your mom is a bitch! And completley stupid! no offence...

Jennydew 0

Oh, and Unregistered, obviously you have the attention span as you read them long enough to bitch about it.

i may not be a real woman but i can make YOU feel like one. now wash my clothes and cook me dinner. joking. i love a smart educated woman who thinks for herself , and belive if you do the same job as a man you should be paid the same. after all the more money comming into a home the more toys to be had. ie. boats, fishing gear, and yes all the hoby stuff you may want :D

Sadly and unfortunately though, her mom is right.