By Reggie - 27/04/2018 19:00

Today, my mom won the lottery. My biological mom who I only met last year, after 33 years of not knowing who she was. She is sharing her millions with her kids, but that doesn't include me as I "don't count". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 884
You deserved it 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AJ1981 12

she abandoned you before not sure why you expected things to change... sucks but I would of never even attempted to be part of her life... stranger danger

Zachary8261 28

Since you “don’t count,” you are now obligated to not invite her to any family gatherings you are hosting.

Comments

AJ1981 12

she abandoned you before not sure why you expected things to change... sucks but I would of never even attempted to be part of her life... stranger danger

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Zachary8261 28

If she gave millions to her other offspring, I think it’s fair to assume OP wad gonna ask for some.

hayyad 7

It's not just the money; it sucks she didn't count him or her as her child. That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

Zachary8261 28

Since you “don’t count,” you are now obligated to not invite her to any family gatherings you are hosting.

Sad truth is that I don’t think she would have even cared if OP invited her or not. I think this would have been a different outcome if OP was the one who won the lottery and had millions of dollars.

Somehow, I do not think this is quite an equivalent loss.

I'm sorry your mom is like this, but now you have no obligation to contact her anymore. Your real mom is the woman who raised you.

Sue her for emotional distress and abandonment

Her money, she can do whatever she wants with it. She gave you away and not all people want to be contacted by/have relationships with the children they put up for adoption. She had no contact with you, did not raise you and clearly isn't your mom just because you got out of her ******.

Looks like the second time you didn’t count to her. Walk away from this one!

Lobby_Bee 17

What mom? I don't see how you can call her that.

I'm really sorry for you OP. I'm pretty sure that not getting anything from the lottery win isn't even as hard as hearing that you "don't count" for her. But then again there probably was a reason that you didn't get to know her for 33 years, right? Maybe it's time for you to move on and not look back to your biological mother.

Are you only calling her mom now cause she won the lottery? I mean, she gave you up. Even though she gave birth to you, she isn't your mother and that won't change.