By Anonymous - 14/06/2014 10:11 - United States - San Jose

Today, my mom found out that I've been having counselling behind her back for the past 4 years. I broke down in tears explaining everything. Her response was, "So you go and bitch about me behind my back?!" And she wonders why I'm depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 731
You deserved it 5 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The point of counciling is penting and getting better, she should be happy for you..

That's so horrible. Your mom needs to realise that you need to get yourself better so that you are able to deal with her bull.

Comments

To be honest, I'm currently getting counseling behind my mothers back too. But I'm moving out in August as well, so hopefully the day will never come when she finds out. I'm sorry she makes you feel the way she does, but I hope you find the strength one day to resist her and to move forward with your life.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Even if your mother does find out, ignore her. (Easier said than done, trust me, I know). But it's YOUR life and I believe that everyone could benefit from a bit of counseling, honestly. Everyone has things they could use help on figuring out. Good for you for getting help and I hope everything works out for you. :)

I know what it's like having a mother like this. I'm so sorry things didn't go better op. Hopefully after she calms down some she will be more understanding. I hope you can overcome your depression soon.

Don't let this discourage you from attending counseling. Your mental health is more important than your unsupportive mother. You have no choice what parents you're born to but you can decide how to live your life.

Hmmm, sounds familiar. Try not to let it get to you OP.

Mom here is using the guilt trip manipulation method of parenting. I say move out as soon as you can.

Still good for you going to counseling and it doesn't mean (as she said) bitch about her during sessions

Your mom sounds like a great, honorable, nice woman.

stay strong! I been through the sane thing it's not fun. it takes awhile to notice when you need the help. keep your head up .Things will get better

She sounds like a realMotherfuc£er!!!