By gavthewarealpaca - 16/05/2016 09:36 - United States - Holly

Today, my mattress has gotten so old and trashed that I was woken up by two springs ripping through my bed sheets and stabbing me in the leg and abdomen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 970
You deserved it 2 175

gavthewarealpaca tells us more.

Hey everybody, OP here, I love all the puns you have made and the concern. The spring that hit my leg went pretty far in, it chipped a small piece off my femur and the one in my abdomen was only skin deep. I'm currently in the hospital recovering from the surgery to get the little chip of bone out of my leg. I'm doing well and will be out within a few days! Thank you for the publish!!

Top comments

That's sure to put a spring in your step! Or your abdomen. That works too.

I guess you could say you had a rude awakening

Comments

That's sure to put a spring in your step! Or your abdomen. That works too.

I'm sure it made the OP spring out of bed quick smart too!

I guess you could say you had a rude awakening

I guess that was a... Damn... #2 beat me to it.

I'm sure you sprung right out of bed.

I'm pretty sure you are more likely to die by being stabbed by springs in your bed than being killed by a shark.

More likely to be killed by a deer than a shark so probably

What about getting killed by a shark IN YOUR BED?!?!

Sorry about that, OP. Guess it's time to get a new matress. Maybe a nice, soft memory foam matress can help you heal up.

sohigh10 34

If OP still sleeps on a beaten up spring mattress, what makes you think OP has money for memory foam?

You can order memory foam mattresses on Amazon for less than $200

Why did u let your mattress to get into that state.

They didn't draw blood did they? I hope not. I once heard a story of that happening to a guy with a recliner. It definitely drew blood. FYL Good luck finding a new mattress

At least the spring didn't try to violate you. That would have been an even stiffer awakening.

Ouch!!!!!!! I hope you're okay, and can possibly get a new mattress soon!