By SaintGoobers - 06/10/2014 20:24 - United States - Cambridge

Today, my loving five-year-old daughter started singing Christmas carols again. Ones that she made up herself, of course. Including "Walking in a fucking wonderland" and "Rudolph the red nosed asshole". FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 404
You deserved it 10 369

SaintGoobers tells us more.

Hey Buddy, this is the first time Ady has ever cussed, or at least with me viewing it. She claims that her Father was singing the songs so she thought she would sing with him. I will be talking to her dad! Lol.

Top comments

Greenteamextreme 16

They sound better then the originals if you ask me!

She's five, dude, you as a parent should do your job

Comments

giantsfan2010 23

Gotta be careful what you say around kids. They are sponges and will absorb anything you say.

Well sing back... "Ain't no ******* present for bad girls"

really? i thought it was the other way around ;)

She must be my 4 year old son's soulmate!! Haha

Or y'all just have potty mouths around the impressionable kids. Time for you and the OP to have a talk with the kids about bad words and why we shouldn't say them.

Apparently you must think they keep their kids cooped up in the house all day. They probably heard it from the outside world, but immediately blame mom or dad because they live under a rock and can only hear it from them.

#25-- little kids pick up words every where. As soon as they notice that certain, taboo words get a reaction from adults, or get them attention, they tend to repeat those words as much as possible. The idea of 'bad words' is difficult for little kids to understand. When they stop getting a reaction, they stop using it. The parents should definitely talk to her, though, about public and private language.

RedPillSucks 31

well, they're 4 and 5, not eight or ten. at that young age, parents are where they get most of that stuff from

Holy judgement, batman!! 1) My son doesn't cuss as a 4 year old. I could -see- him making something up like that when he's older.. like quite a bit older. 2) My husband and I don't cuss around our kid. 3) He knows not to say certain words- cuss words or anything negative (like calling someone 'stupid' or anything like that). 4) He's got a sense of humor and comes up with creative renditions of songs and stuff all the time. Which is mostly what I was referencing in my post. But, like OP, I would be shocked if he sang 'Roudolph the red nose asshole' right now.. 5) I would ALSO imagine that OP is writing an FML about it because it's a bit of a shock to her! As in also shocked that her daughter would even -know- those words! Sometimes kids CAN learn words away from their parents. My son was in a preschool where I actually heard a parent screaming and cussing at her child (for wanting a drink of water). (And keyword "WAS" at that school. I yanked him out of there after ONE week, and quit my job to stay home with him!) This was apparently far from the only incident that he heard yelling and cussing at this preschool... because he would come home and ask me what certain words were and why people were yelling.... (We also don't raise voices in our house).

Still better then niki minaj remix to baby got back

When I was little, my mum and I rewrote Rudolph to be "Rudolph the red assed reindeer". seems a common cover.

rieebee 23

My cousins used to sing Jungle Balls when caroling.

You should record this. And laugh about it in the future.

JayVicious 20

well OP, it could be worse. she could start singing the originals-.- I would much rather hear her version n would be more likely to sing along. My daughter sings the originals and it breaks my heart.

"It could be worse-" Downvoted. Then I read the rest of your comment. I stand by my decision. You're saying your much rather your toddler have the mouth of a sailor than sing regular old Christmas carols? Whaa?

Most toddlers can't talk well enough to sing carols. The word you're looking for is "child".

JayVicious 20

yes actually i would much rather hear OP's kids version. on of the worst things about christmas is all the shitty aongs i have to hear months on end.

Your Kid knows all these swear words already! Fail!

Aero_x 21

sometimes it can't be help. I baby sat a four year old that learned bad things in preschool. His parents taught him it was wrong, but because he thought it was fun he always forgot.

ostfaiz 18

Instantly opt the copywright, they seems unbeatable..lol