By greatly disturbed - 07/03/2015 19:09 - United States - Elk Grove

Spicy
Today, my little sister complained about a young boy in her class always pulling her hair. She asked when boys will stop doing it. My mom replied, "They won't, even when they're grown-ups," then looked over at my dad and shared a dirty smirk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 735
You deserved it 4 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents think they're so slick. Kids understand the dirty jokes by age 12 thank you and please stop

brunettesara5722 17

Lol fyl op, it can be worse though. at least you didn't walk in on it?

Comments

Attacksloth 33
chocolatefrog28 29

I think that's a pretty tame revelation, you should be glad your mother didn't sympathize with your sister over something like being handcuffed against her will or water sports. Smile and nod, think happy thoughts!

Bet the mums hair has "50 shades of grey"

My parents say these kind of things all the time, except they know me and my brother understand it. They just don't care

The dirty joke sort of pushed away the issue that she's upset over her hair being pulled. I dealt with a lot of bullying in school so I'm incredibly biased, but I think they should take this sort of thing more seriously. No, hair pulling doesn't mean he likes you. For me it meant, "you're fat and I don't like you because you're fat", and honestly it's a shitty lesson to impart on girls that, "Don't worry dear, he's only hurting you because he thinks you're pretty!" No one should have to deal with bullying or pain of any kind while they're in school, just my onion.

Exactly THANK YOU. Someone gets it. I was also bullied in school.

If you don't teach them its wrong to do that at that age they will never learn. No one should hurt anyone while "flirting" its not even flirting it is harassment.

Your sister is obviously upset about this boy bothering her, sexy joke between your parents or not I hope that they address the issue for her. If they do nothing about it this boy will think his behavior of touching and bothering girls is ok, and whether flirting or bullying, if it bothers her it needs to be handled. He's young, it's the most significant time to teach him to respect others' space and emotions, specifically how to treat girls/women. I'm not a big outspoken feminist or anything, but that just seems like common sense and good parenting to me. I hope that if your parents don't deal with it you find a way to help your sister out.