By Anonymous - 06/08/2014 16:57 - United States - San Antonio

Today, my husband told his parents that he was quitting his job so that he could focus on school. They asked him what he was going to do for money. When I told them that I'd be the one working, they took one look at me and burst into laughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 427
You deserved it 4 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Work hard so you can laugh at them when you prove them wrong.

Never mind them, OP. As long as you work hard, you can prove them wrong. :)

Comments

Don't let it bother you. Women clearly can do the same as men. Success knows no gender.

Standard gender roles at its finest. Sorry OP; they're assholes.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Hey, you guys get to choose their nursing home. Never forget that.

It's okay, OP. Don't listen to them! They are Meeks with stupid, sexist, antiquated ideas! I'm sure you'll make an awesome secretary!

I don't know what's worst your contradiction or their sexist ideals. Also they are not meek or they would have kept their opinion to their self

"meeks" was my phone's Swype function misinterpreting my spelling of the word "jerks." And as for the contradiction... *sigh* you missed the point. It was satirical.

Nah, I got the point, I just felt like trolling you lol

Who said OP's situation had anything to do with sexism? The in laws may just take OP as lazy or not motivated.

That's a good point, 49. It may have absolutely nothing to do with her gender. However I was playing off all the comments making accusations off sexism against the parents.

What is he studying and what type of work do you do?

ahippienamedrae 10

You should have said that you have a say in their retirement home.

Just work hard and prove them wrong and remind them you're the one making their beloved son beg now.

Don't stand for that op. Take them down to the basement where you have the brass pole and show them what you can do!

Not even for an education or to feed my hungry kids (if I had some), would I ever let my wife take such a job as low and demeaning as that! I would much rather go out and work with my hands on crappy little jobs for $1 an hour to feed them than that! There's always a better way.

It's rude of you to assume that being a stripper is a demeaning job. Is it the best job out there? Absolutely not. But my husband supported me when I decided to become an exotic dancer to help pay my college tuition. Customers got a kick out of the fact that I was a biology and chemistry major, and I made a lot of good friends. The only reason I left was because a stage accident left me with a partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I never once felt demeaned. Most of the men who came into my club would sit down and have an actual conversation with me without being disgusting. It was an experience I'm glad I had.