By Anonymous - 26/01/2013 22:20 - Denmark - Fredericia

Today, my husband quit his stable job of 12 years at the bank to pursue a career selling kites. If we don't end up homeless because of this, god knows we will when he has a real mid-life crisis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 517
You deserved it 3 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that you were going to pursue a career as a crack *****, so you won't become homeless

diving_fml 30

a man should be proud of what he does, even if it is selling kites, although that should have been his weekend job and not his primary job

Comments

You live in denmark. You will be fine, trust me. If not, move to norway, there you can sell kites and make 100k a year. Sarcasm over. What a useless career move. If he loves it, sure, but he can do that in his spare time and a bank job isn't bad.

A good wife would tell him when he's gone bat shit crazy.

A good wife would give him enough string to hang himself with.

While they probably should have discussed it first, I don't see what's wrong with the idea. I mean, it sounds like they would have enough money saved up to at least try it and see how it goes for a few months. And if he didn't like his job at the bank anymore, there's no changing that. At least he's doing what he wants with his life. I personally think it's really disappointing to see people take long-term jobs they have no passion for just so they can reach a certain income level and be deemed successful by society.

suitgirl5 5

And what happens when they lose their house because they can't pay rent because his idea fails? It's an irresponsible move for someone with a family and responsibilities.

Like I said, it sounds like they are not in immediate danger of losing anything given that he's had a steady job for 12 years. For the moment, the wife can start being the primary source of income. I see no reason not to at least try it. You guys sound really boring if all you care about is money and not doing what you *actually* enjoy. A family and a home is nothing if you're not happy.

kernousse_fml 13

A good wife would also have a job and not only depend on (take advantage of) her husband's income. The 1950's are long over...

oj101 33

Lol, kids only stay in the house and play video games or surf the internet. Seeing a kid play outside these is as rare as someone catching an Articuno on Pokemon. Oh wait...

I'm pretty sure this IS his midlife crisis.

I read stable job and my first thought was horses. Damn you, assumptions!

Admittedly, I had a 'huh?' moment at that, too. 'They have stables at the bank? Where on earth are they from that they don't have card and parking lots... Ohhhhhhh.'

leaving a bank for kites huh? Is your life actually Mary Poppins?

Bankers caused a pretty much worldwide financial crisis, as in where in the hell did my money go? Op's husband felt terrible. Now you can see just where your money went. It's secure, it's at the end of a string, and you're controling it, but if it crashes it's your fault this time.

andiw 6

Do you at least live in the "windy city"?

SILVERSTAR_6 17

Ur husband didn't have to quit his job...he could of sold kites as a side business to make extra money and in this economy it's very wise to have a side venture while u have a good job to fall back on incase something happens.