By Anonymous - 26/01/2013 22:20 - Denmark - Fredericia

Today, my husband quit his stable job of 12 years at the bank to pursue a career selling kites. If we don't end up homeless because of this, god knows we will when he has a real mid-life crisis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 517
You deserved it 3 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that you were going to pursue a career as a crack *****, so you won't become homeless

diving_fml 30

a man should be proud of what he does, even if it is selling kites, although that should have been his weekend job and not his primary job

Comments

Handling kites > Handling money, apparently.

Suggest that he try to get his job back and sell kites online. When (if) the kite business does well, then he can make it a full time career move.

Scooby4201 4
Michael_92 20

Tell him to take his kite out in a storm. Maybe he can get some sense struck into him.

Did he get the idea while kiting a check at his bank?

A good husband would support his family. Marriage is a partnership, you shouldn't quit your job without discussing it with your spouse.

ideasrule 13

I'm guessing the OP has no job, or else they wouldn't be at risk of homelessness. In that case, the OP should quit feeling entitled to other people's income and get a job, instead of trying to prevent her husband from pursuing the career he likes.

Often it takes two incomes to support a family. She may have a job, but its just not enough alone to support them. Plus, even if she didn't, it could be something her husband is fine with- it doesn't mean she feels entitled to his money. They're married, it could very well be their money if they consider it so.

elfie82 2

“...sock monkeys!..."Timmy Turner's Dad

kernousse_fml 13

What a supportive wife! Well done... Not! Are you afraid you'll have to find a job? Or just upset you might have to cut back on designer clothes a return your platinum credit cards?

suitgirl5 5

Or maybe they need both incomes for what little try have and the husband has now put all the burden on his wife? If my husband did that I'd be pissed because in a partnership you need to be equals.