By Anonymous - 17/04/2009 13:44 - United States

Today, my husband of three years told me he only proposed to me because his favorite football team was winning and he had been drunk. I had our second child three days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 93 516
You deserved it 5 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i hope when he said this to you he added something along the lines of "i'm so lucky i did"

What is the problem here? he got to get drunk and watch his team win, you got the ring. you're obviously still together. it seems to me like good things happen when he's drunk. go out and get him a case of beer and ask him for a new house. you got this champ

Comments

I bet he wanted to name your child Pigskin .. Am I right?

kellyyo 0
ellebell 0

well unless he was drunk at the wedding (and has been ever since) he must like you or else he would have left you by now :)

basketballbabee 0

well...true or not unless he is constintally drunk, he would have left by now and deffinatley wouldnt have had kids with you?

piderman13 0

**** IT...CHUCK IT...FOOTBALL!!!!!

itsalovestoryx18 0

You Know what this makes me really mad. How could you do that to some one. She just had a baby 3 days ago and it his second child. Im sorry this is why women think men are pigs. I'm glad i have a good man.

Gotta agree with #20. My husband proposed in the middle of a huge fight..."You will MARRY me!! And that's that!!!" We've been together 13 years (married 12 yrs) and I love him more all the time. He surprised me this Christmas with a new wedding ring and got on one knee saying "I still love you so much!" The proposal I never had. lol To the OP: a marriage is hard ass work, talk to him about it. Maybe it was a joke, him telling you about the proposal. Maybe he figured since he was drunk, he had to courage to ask you (my MIL calls alcohol "truth sermen" (sp..sorry) Talk to him. You never know. Congrats on the baby!

jgardner12 0

So what, he had the ring ahead of time. Like 30 said he probably was too nervous before, and at that moment he had the courage to pop the question.