By Catie - 13/05/2011 18:47 - United States

Today, my husband and I went to the state fair. The entire time, he complained about all the money we were losing because of the high prices of both rides and food. Towards the end of the night, we counted the cash we had left and found we were $50 short. Apparently, it fell out of his pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 907
You deserved it 4 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uncbballwins 0

can't let things slip out of your pocket... That's how I lost my virginity

Egnar 19

Your husband sounds like the kind of person who doesn't know how to let things go and just have fun - I mean, maybe this situation doesn't transpond past this one night but if you're posting it on FML I'm willing to bet you're a bit fed up with him and his overly cheap ways. It's one thing thing to be frugal, I consider myself to be, but it's a complete other thing to be cheap to the point where when going out for a nice time with your significant other you can't look past the expenses [unless they're completely outrageous and out of the norm, though at a Carnival/Faire you kind of expect it to begin with] and let loose. I'm not saying divorce the guy - That's stupid and I'm sure at least a few dozen people are going to give you that suggestion WITHOUT any insight, but, it's worth sitting him down and letting him know that money isn't as important as the time you spend with him.

Comments

Lmao I envy the kid who finds all that money.

Egnar 19

Your husband sounds like the kind of person who doesn't know how to let things go and just have fun - I mean, maybe this situation doesn't transpond past this one night but if you're posting it on FML I'm willing to bet you're a bit fed up with him and his overly cheap ways. It's one thing thing to be frugal, I consider myself to be, but it's a complete other thing to be cheap to the point where when going out for a nice time with your significant other you can't look past the expenses [unless they're completely outrageous and out of the norm, though at a Carnival/Faire you kind of expect it to begin with] and let loose. I'm not saying divorce the guy - That's stupid and I'm sure at least a few dozen people are going to give you that suggestion WITHOUT any insight, but, it's worth sitting him down and letting him know that money isn't as important as the time you spend with him.

uncbballwins 0

I thumbs down anything more than a paragraph. Sorry holmes

why are all your comment longer then a novel?

MrSexyPants 14

23, why can't I understand any of your comments?

Egnar 19

So don't read it, that's fine - The fact that people do generally give me positive feedback, and, that my last post warranted 40 thumbs up and a decent conversation says that you're in the minority. Frankly, I don't care if all my stuff is thumbed down, I just enjoy the conversations I get out of the few intelligent people who choose to.

KatrinaKitten 16

#23, why is your comment so badly written? If you don't like to read long, well constructed comments, by all means, don't trouble yourself with reading them.

JennaMarie420 2

who cares? seriously I read this stuff for entertainment. Not so I can evaluate every persons post and try to tell them what to do. Does anyone come to this site for advice?

Egnar 19

@42 I do appreciate that, thanks! Just trying to bring some sanity to this place. @43 Plenty of people care - I've gotten private messages from people due to my comments and struck up some pretty cool and intelligent conversations. And those who read but don't message me I end up having a decent conversation [about the FML] in the comments. If you don't want to read it, that's cool with me - But some of us do come here to interact with other users.

uncbballwins 0

43- Noone should take advice from people online. Ever.

KatrinaKitten 16

I agree. It makes FML so much better when people offer some coherent AND thoughtful opinions.

i agree with 46, online advice, really?

Egnar 19

I don't expect the original poster to come in and say "oh man Egnar has a great idea I should totally do this." But it's interesting to see perspective that may give ideas on other peoples similar situations - Not everybody on the internet is a troll thinking it's funny to blurt out "FIRST" or "OH YOU'RE AN IDIOT".

KatrinaKitten 16

50, you obviously don't understand his comment! He's not trying to give advice. He's just expressing his opinion, just like you and me. Honestly, you need to settle and get off everyone's comments when your opinion is neither relevant nor intelligible.

uncbballwins 0

57- I would go all troll bitchy on your ass but you're just too damn cute :/

59, get a life? your comments are not rellivant or intelligent either.

uncbballwins 0

61- All of your comments get modded so apparently I'm not the only one with the unintelligent comments. Finish it!

lol nice to see that not everyone on here is a troll(I know I am sometimes)

woops not you, wrong number. im talking to the girl who finds every single one of my comments and picks fights on them. im ending this bye.

KatrinaKitten 16

59, Youu admitted that your comment was irrelevant, and at the same time, you spelled relevant incorrectly. Don't tell people to shut up online, just be mature about it. 61, thanks for the compliment.

maybe there really low on money and he didnt want to spend the rent money on junk food and dumb rides?

I was thinking the same thing! if my significant other bitches the entire time about money at some point I would just leave the fair. yes times are hard for most people and moneys tight but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go do something fun and just enjoy each others company. what would be the point of going out if you won't just have fun.... people like that drive me crazy, if its that big of a deal to spend money THEN DON'T GO cause all you will do is bring down the people you are with.

monkeybanana 7

haha there is always at least one person who writes a really long comment lol :D

Your man just didn't want you spending the money on more shit rides.

KatrinaKitten 16

I'm sorry? No need to get offended over a one-word comment. I'm out..

KatrinaKitten 16

You implied that you were. The way you type completely bothers me. Most likely you are a prepubescent thirteen year old girl, so I won't even concern myself with you.

The way I type is perfectly normal thank-you? Im not 13 at all, you shoulden't go around judging, accusing and assuming things about people you do not know.

I believe I see the start of a cat fihht

Katrina, you said above "I personally am bothered by complainers" (don't get me started on the redundancy of that statement), yet you instantly jump on gemzroxya and complain about her typing style. Hypocrisy pisses me off.

KatrinaKitten 16

Um, okay...? I can see why you have haters now.

nucky_fml 5

damn this wasn't supposed to go here don't worry I'll thumb down myself

that's what he gets for complaining, maybe he will learn to start having fun and living in the moment regardless if it costs him money or not !