By trisha - 16/07/2012 20:57 - United States - Wellesley Hills

Today, my husband and I agreed that he would name our first born and I would name our second. He's dead-set on naming our child "Raindropp" no matter whether it's a boy or girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 618
You deserved it 7 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd name one salt and the other pepper. ^_^

mpj13 8

Sorry he rained on your parade

Comments

YDI. Names should be something that the mother and father decide jointly so this kind of situation can be avoided.

I named my pet frog this when I was 7. Just... no.

blair_x 12

How about just shortening the name into "Rain" or spelling it "Rayne"? Compromise. :)

Agreed, and if it's a boy he can just go by Ray, or his middle name.. Which hopefully won't be "Dropp"

"Rayne" is lovely as well, but I'm partial to the spelling "Raine." Sorry, Tales of Symphonia fan. -_-

MichellinMan 20

Kind of like Rainn Wilson. He's Dwight from "The Office"

Roskosity 22

Strange names are all the rage these days. My parents named me Rusty. And I'm a woman.

I wasn't allowed to name my ginger baby Red,Rusty,Fox,or Renard.

amandalillian 27

Yeah probably the kid will fit in perfectly, there are a lot of 'interesting' names being out on birth certificates these days

My name's Tuesday. I like it, but I'm definately gonna name my kids simple plain names lol

I agree with ^ 15 definetly compromise. At least it will be unique.

This girl in my school named her kid Jager...

flutter4 7
flutter4 7

I was not meaning this comment to sound rude. My husband is Native American and his family has a few "different" names in it.

unknown_user5566 26

Native American names are actually pretty cool. There is a kid at the school I work for with the last name "Lovegood"... That kid is going to have an awesome time with pick-up lines his whole life. ;)

My best friend is Native American and her name is Ciara.(Like the mountains) so I get what you're saying.

271 - What the hell, how many names do you have? (Referring to her profile and previous comments.)

Not as bad as a girl named "Tula Does The Hula In Hawaii". Yes, she was actually named that.

It was Tallulah (not Tula) and she ended up suing her parents. Poor kid.

I saw something on the news where a baby was named Abcadef.

What about the kid named Dovahkiin for the Bethesda challenge? Some names should stay in the game

I would feel bad for the kid if he ended up naming him that. :P

I think you need to drop the agreement and have a little talk about your child's future if you give them that name.