By fmfb - 07/06/2011 23:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend got into my Facebook and changed our relationship status to single just to see which of my friends would "like" it. After revealing to me what she did, she now says I can no longer be friends with anyone who liked it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 667
You deserved it 6 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her you can be friends with who you want, I don't see why she should make the decision based on a couple of people liking a relationship status.

Sounds like someone has a slight touch of crazy....

Comments

wow just by having your friends like it you should know that you don't have a very pleasant girlfriend... they must not really like her or the way she treats people or something... and with the stunt she pulled, I can see why... sorry, OP

sxe_beast 11

How is it his fault? If someone is shot, do you blame the gun maker? If someone is hit by a drunk driver, do you blame the auto manufacturer? If someone jumps off of a high rise, do you blame the owner? If someone chokes to death on a bite of an apple, do you blame the farmer? If a married woman sends lewd photos to someone other than her husband, do you blame the phone/computer/email company? What I'm saying is you can't blame the creator of something for the misuse of their creations. People who are like "ZOMG WTF FACEBOOK SUCKS PEOPLE WASTE THEIR LIVES ON FARMVILLE AND LIKE IT RUINS PEOPLE LIVES AND LIKE OH MY GOD IT TEARS RELATIONSHIPS APART LIKE OMG IT CAUSES MURDERS OMGOMGOMG ITTTTTTTZ EVIL" are morons. Facebook is a very innovative and useful tool. Its not Mark's fault dumbasses are misusing it. Don't blame Mark Zuckerberg. Blame the psychotic conniving bitch.

awardZu 0

Over react much 42? While your point is valid, I'm relatively certain 22 was making a joke, a rather dry joke, but a joke nonetheless. I am baffled by people who still take things so seriously on this site. When boners & gayboii started posting, it became obvious this was a humorous site.

sxe_beast 11

I apologize. I am sure its a joke, but there are people who actually think like this... Its just annoying.

really 42 you are annoying and a overreacting spazz

catkat1988 17

Sounds like you got yourself a really mature girlfriend there. I won't say "break up with her" like other people did, I believe relationships should be given more of a chance, but I'll definitely say you should stand your ground, tell her that you don't appreciate her messing with your Facebook and that you're not going to quit being friends with anyone (although maybe you should ask your friends why they'd like you to break up with your girlfriend). If she handles that message badly, you can take it from there, but definitely have a serious conversation with her before deciding on anything.

MuffyStJacques 0

Drive far out into nowhere, let her get out of the car, and then drive away.

Your girlfriend seems to be really insecure. You should try to make her feel more comfortable in your relationship. Then again, you should also make clear that acting like this is really incorrect and gets people to not like her. noone likes crazy bitches that feel te need to controll everything

you should also give her a little treat and a pat on the head when she does something good

Flutist 3

No, this is not something NORMAL people do. He shouldn't have to change his behavior because of something psycho she did. She did something wrong. I would break up with someone who thought they could control who I hung out with unless it was a justifiable reason like "they do crack off six year old prostitutes" or "they murder people." Obviously he trusted her enough to let her on his computer or to know his password (which is a mistake) and she broke that trust. If he does stay with her, then it is not him who needs to make the other feel secure in the relationship. Her insecurities are not his problem, she is an adult and should be able to act like one.

Alicia17C 2

like the change in the relationship status yourself. or get on her Facebook and like it. see what happens.