By Alone - 06/05/2013 14:24 - United States - Chapel Hill

Today, my girlfriend found a letter I'd written to myself for moral support while we were broken up, in which I explained why we would never work out. Apparently I made a convincing argument. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 277
You deserved it 37 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for having it somewhere she could find it even though you are back together. A place in your life like that should be put behind you unless you hadn't moved on from that part of you that didn't want to be with her. If you did want to be with her and were attached to the letter still, you should have known to get rid of it lest this happen.

Comments

... Like a scene out of a bad rom com ...

Seriously man, I feel for you, but you shouldn't keep things like that, especially when you got back with her. Maybe you forgot about it though? Either way, I think if you just explain to her why you wrote it things will be ok. If she still doesn't want to be with you after you explain you're probably better off.

Either should have hidden it or thrown it away while u were bck togethet

yuup96 11

I sense a second letter being written..

beachbum_101 16

That sucks bro! Get rid of the evidence in the future.

skipthestorm 3

Lighters are very effective in destroying things that should never be seen... I too use the write a letter method to work out feelings but I ALWAYS make sure to take a lighter to them or stick them somewhere I KNOW the person isn't going to find them. But in the long run, why would you want to keep something like that? The past is the past, work through the emotions and then move on!

convincing argument against the relationship? you can now try doing the opposite...

You should have burned the letter when you guys got back together.