By Anonymous - 27/12/2010 08:47 - United States

Today, my girlfriend dumped me via text message. The sad thing is that I left my fiancée of 5 years to be with a girl I worked with at Walmart. My ex-fiancée is now a doctor. I still work at Walmart. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 315
You deserved it 111 910

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! Haven't you heard the phrase don't leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one you love?

Comments

We all make mistakes but that was just stoopid, ydi.

You totally deserved that Hun, that's what you get for leaving a independent and obvious successful woman. Have a nice life at walmart hahaha!

Why is everyone so caught up on 'Doctor'? OP said nothing about ex-gf being an MD. His 1st ex may have been a Dr of Philosophy, or French Literature which will earn you a nice 4-figure salary at oh.... let's see... WalMart, or KFC?

lolol_BKYCHO 3

Well he did say his ex-fiancee was a doctor. Direct quote there.

FarSide, don't be naive. People don't generally say that someone is "a doctor" if that person has a PhD. Most PhDs I've met would not introduce themselves as a doctor, but I have met several who introduce themselves as "Doctor So-and-so". I find that to be arrogant and confusing.

How is that arrogant? They earned the degree, they have a right to the title.. even if it's for something silly, like French Lit. I'm currently in college, but I'm striving towards a PhD. I won't be a medical doctor, but I'll be a researcher.

boatkicker 4

My comment jumped. This wasn't supposed to be a reply. If the only reason you regret breaking up with your ex-fiance is because she's now successful, than you are too shallow for a relationship with anyone, and deserve being broken up with.

"Doc"Bastard.... and I use that term loosely seeing that you work in E Guinea... whose discipline concentration was in Witch Doctor from some Caribbean medical diploma mill. Kindly refrain from pronouncing my "naivety" about a topic in which you cannot not possibly have any empirical data to support your baseless "experience". Your opinion is as welcomed and embraced as the next on this site. Now go feed your chickens for your Santeria New Year.

RKD 23

I have the same exact story. Don't let it get you down, dude. I broke up with a girl that really loved me fifteen years ago that is now a doc, and I don't think it was meant to be. The reason I broke up with her was because of religious differences, but really because I was too screwed up in the head to have a relationship anyway. Plus she was already in another state, plus she was already seeing another guy, plus plus plus. What I am saying is don't beat yourself up. She might have left you eventually or something else might have happened. It is really easy to look back and say what I should have done or what I would have done. Oftentimes it seems like there is one stupid reason it didn't work out and it is my fault, but life is more complicated. It is hard enough to have to work at Wal-mart, I did it for six years. I know. Just try not to beat yourself up and don't listen to these jackasses here on FML!

You mean self-confessed Jackass losers like you RKD, right?

Your situation sounds completely different than his. Yours makes sense, though I don't sympathize with you because if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. His is just the story of a dick.

To be fair, we don't know OP's whole story. Character limit and whatnot.

dude your an idiot you blow off a sure thing with a girl who has a job with a great salary for some random girl with a crappy job (no offense) YTDI idiot

Ninjafriends 1

Your situation sounds so pathetic, I can't even make fun of you. Talk about a sh*tty life.

Karma my ass. It is called the "Law of Sowing and Reaping". Now, both women are happy and you ain't got jack. The best part? Your WalMart girlfriend gave you a WalMart style KMA. LOL.

That's what you get for leaving a women who stood by you for 5 years for some floozy. Have fun working at walmart making minium wage while your ex will be making 5 times then you in one day.

starshine21 0

YDI! that's what you called karma.