By flyakite29 - 20/07/2009 16:36 - United States

Today, my girlfriend came home and announced that she'd just bought a $40 pair of flipflops. She then declared that I wouldn't be getting a birthday gift this year due to budget shortfalls. For hers a month prior, I'd got her a $300 piece of jewelry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 606
You deserved it 5 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a bitch!! Sounds to me like she is a gold digger or a *****.

Dude....dump that bitch and find a woman that doesn't thrive on material gain!

Comments

burnquist764 0

Dump her. I agree with "HRaeH" she is a money *****.

Leaving what's already been said aside, why couldn't she just buy you a present later on when she does have the money? Last I checked, there's no rule that states you can only give a person a birthday gift on their birthday, and if you miss it they have to wait a year. Plenty of people receive gifts before or after their birthday, after all. If she's not trying to fake you out, that there is a warning flag.

QuentinM95 0

Women suck, controlling tools

Uhm, no. THIS PARTICULAR woman is selfish. Pig.

Pastor_Rich 0

it's better to give than receive

Re-evaluate your relationship and maybe try to move on. I would ignore the other comments stating to sleep with her sister or best friend because that would just make you an ass. You have the upper hand right now, don't be an idiot and do something stupid.

bitchy muchh? if I were youu I would dump that bitch

get used to it I haven't been given a present in 25 years unless you count the best present a women can give a man (blo.........silence)

The best presents that women can give men cost absolutely nothing. (When the tables are turned, we seem to enjoy the giving too much for it to count as a gift. ;) )