By rejected - 23/04/2009 04:20 - United States

Spicy
Today, my friends and I were celebrating Spring Break by going out to a club. I saw a very, very cute girl sipping a drink at the bar all by herself. Trying to be a stud I walked over and said "What are you doing Friday night?" Her response: "Not you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 174
You deserved it 79 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You tried to use a cheesy pickup line and you got shot down. Oh yea stud, FYL indeed.

Comments

Am I the only woman left in the world who loves cheesy pick up lines? They may not get me in the sack because I have more class than that and Im in a longer term relationship but they are great ice breakers and cute as can be! Any guy confident enough to walk up to a completely strange, cute girl and use a cheesy pick up line certainly deserves some kind of attention. I agree with #42 in this case though. A witty comeback to hers would have probably got your foot in the door so to speak. Look on the bright side, the next time u try to pick up a girl you will be better prepared to come up with a witty rebuttle. There are plenty more fish in the sea!

#43 who ever said OP was after just sex? You know, guys can go to a bar and talk to a cute girl for the sole purpose of DATING her...as in a relationship, not sex. The pick up line wasnt "Wanna have sex with me on Friday night?" I think women need to start altering their perception of men because not all men are all about sex all the time. My boyfriend and I knew eachother for 6 months (as just friends) then dated for 2 months before we started having sex. I think the male species doesnt get the reputation it deserves because of a few asswipes. Just a thought.

I am often the first one to take the dude's side in the unclear cases. This is not one of those. As you actually decided it was wise to say that line FIRST, I wish I could vote YDI more than once. She disciplined you, son. Flawless victory.

rt523 0

YAY! for #43. and in repsonse to #46 about 99% of guys ARE like that (after sex)...though, i congratulate you for finding a nice one...maybe the OP wasn't, maybe he was. but i personally hate it when im somewhere and a guy starts hitting on me and i do give him the time of day and then after about an hour of talking about himself he expects me to "put out"...which is typically the case, NOT always but typically. next time try something with a bit more class, and get to know her BEFORE you ask her out. heck you might decide you don't even want to ask her out after you get to know her.

#46 This is absolutely true, but not in the OP's case. Having never seen or spoken to someone before, "what are you doing friday night" is not an invitation out of genuine interest in a relationship. They know nothing about the person. Interest in a real relationship is impossible.

are people honestly saying that the OP went out to a club during spring break to find a girl and start a meaningful relationship with her? one that wasn't just physical? really? REALLY? give me a break, clearly he was just interested in a hookup. nothing wrong with that. but everything wrong with his approach. that's just the dumbest thing i've heard asking someone out before you even know their name. jeeeez.

blankslate 0

Serves you right for thinking you're a stud when you're clearly not! I didn't think anyone still used this line...

omg! i seriously laughed sooo much when i read that hahah love it .. and it kinda sounds like something one of my friends would do : P