By Anonymous - 20/12/2010 09:27 - Sweden

Today, my family is going to the USA for Christmas after being lucky and getting their tickets re-booked. My ticket was canceled due to the snow, and will not be re-booked. Merry Christmas to me, myself and a bottle of wine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 128
You deserved it 2 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, as an American, take it from me - you aren't missing much...

lovestrong 0

Ahh, ain't that a downer. Oh well, make the best of it? :)

Comments

ack me and my family are flying over to the states on wednesday to celebrate with the rest of our family. i'm nervous about the snow situation. even saw you're from västra götaland, i'm from östra götaland! very similar indeed.

your not the only one sadly :/ i might not be able to go and see me father and my English family :/ FYL !!!

Solveig22 0

I have a French friend with the same problem :( I'm so sorry. Is every plane in Paris not leaving?

frieda_fml 0

I live in the us and we would rather be in Sweden!

#32 Agreed! I'm part Swedish (my great grandmother came to the US from Sweden), but I've never gotten to visit Sweden. Honestly, Sweden sounds pretty awesome.

Snow in april/may is not really awesome.. But we do have lots of trees. And chocolate :3

Solveig22 0

Ett sådant rejält snötäcke har inte uppmätts något annat år... I'm not sure to be excided or frustrated/scared. I love snow but... O.o And I thought it was only London, Paris, and Frankfurt flights that were cancelled out of Sweden? *I'm originally from Västra Götaland, too!

It sucks to be travelling in Europe at the moment. I'm stuck in Germany trying to get to London, along with about 4000 other people. Oh well - I guess that's winter for you...

I actually cancelled my planned trip to London a few months ago and was regretting it. I guess it would've been cancelled anyway though. I do wish there was some serious snow here, though.

It looks like it might be OK. The snow in my area has let up, and I re-booked my flight. Now to see if it all works tomorrow...

sexycountrygirl0 0

OP is from Sweden, so get drunk and MAKE ****! Yes, I do get all my stereotypes from 1950's London gangster movies - why do you ask?

talk to a manager....throw a fit....they should take care of you....if not at least refund your money

I don't think the manager can control the weather. OP said it will not be re-booked, not that it wouldn't be refunded. There are only so many flights and the family apparently acted quicker than OP did. Besides, they might not have been on the same flight or even be flying out of the same city.

justbigbs 6

Better you home with a bottle of wine than in crashed plane in deep snow on your way to Heaven or Hell

heyygirl14 2

that sucks... Americas pretty cool haaha