By ladygrey - 20/07/2019 00:08

Today, my daughter informed me that she hates everything about her appearance and wants to get every possible plastic surgery when she’s older. She’s 7. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 841
You deserved it 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Plenty of time to teach her to learn to love the way she looks. I know some people have plastic surgery to boost their confidence, but a 7 year old should be more worried about you sneaking veggies onto her plate than how she looks. And if she's being bullied, talk to her about it, and discuss the situation with her teachers, and the principal.

Show her pictures of bad plastic surgery.

Comments

Just a faze. Tell her how much it will cost her and how it will not work. Or, have some fun with it, tell her she could get a horn installed. Hehe

catsflossok 3

Opps I didn’t mean to like your comment I ment to dislike.

julfunky 29

It’s not a “faze.” Nor is it a phase.

the “hehe” makes it even worse 🙄

Plenty of time to teach her to learn to love the way she looks. I know some people have plastic surgery to boost their confidence, but a 7 year old should be more worried about you sneaking veggies onto her plate than how she looks. And if she's being bullied, talk to her about it, and discuss the situation with her teachers, and the principal.

Show her pictures of bad plastic surgery.

True. No matter how talented the surgeon there's no guessing how the body will react to the surgery. Some people just scar badly or reject implants.

Darebearius 7

What she watches has a lot to do with the perspective children develop and even well past their teen years. This case is especially truebeith young girls. Maybe reassess what she's exposed to in terms of barbie dolls, kids shoes that are all about beauty and makeup, and regular TV shoes that push the narrative of being skinny and attractive. This is becoming a mental disorder in it's strength of control of a person's mental health and outward view.

Show her pictures of Michael Jackson when he was her age and then after he had all of the possible plastic surgeries. That’ll fix it.

courtalex 5

Get her into therapy. I say that in the most respectful/ caring way. And I’m also saying that as someone who has grown up to have an eating disorder. The signs were there. I looked down at my stomach and 10 years old and thought I was fat when I clearly wasn’t. I would look down at my stomach and criticize myself. Start body positivity now and show her what good mental health is like.

Mungolikecandy 19

Start positive comments about her to boost her self esteem as somewhere along the line that seems to have been damaged (whether at school or by the present culture of appearance etc.).

How many times have you complained about something on your body, and how much makeup do you wear? Children are more aware than you realize, she may be channeling your image issues onto her.

minkyrose 1

A 7 year old gets all her ideas from you. You need to show her what confidence in your appearance looks like. You need to step up.