By hcditfi5foygy - 23/07/2018 19:04

Today, my crush confessed their love for me, and I happily told them that I felt the same way. They looked uncomfortable, so I asked why. Apparently they'd been paid to prank me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 483
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chris_lillo 15

Should have replied "aw I'm glad because I was just feeling sorry for you" and walked away. Don't let this bring you down

Being paid to mess with someone's feelings is downright cruel.

Comments

Ouch that sucks I hope they feel guilty for being an asshole.

that is horrible. They are so not worth it if they will happily do something like that. Even if they thought you would say no. it is not ok

unfortunately my saying this won't necessarily help, but I think a lot of people have had that experience OP. you are not alone and you are desirable Anne attractive. Please don't let this make you think that anyone who asks you out or shows interest in you in the future is doing .the same. They aren't. there is also nothing wrong with you. many people are treated like this, because the asshats who do this need someone to "prank".

You think a lot of people get pranked with fake love confessions? What?

I know that in school for example, it does happen where people ask someone out as a dare or a joke. and the person will foreven struggle.to believe someone is genuine if they are asked out in the future.

whaatnoo 5

I’m very confused... they? How many crushes do you have that declared their love to you ? Am I reading this wrong ?

They can be used as the singular as well. ie 'they went to the store' could be replaced with 'George went to the store'. It's not always plural usage.

Actually it's not. If someone said to you, "Hey where's Sue?" You could correctly answer, "They went to get a drink." Magically, that does not make Susan suddenly more than one person. Also, you can be plural. If you saw a group of people and said, "Hey you over there!" you wouldn't be singling one person out of the group, you'd be addressing them all.

@goober96, “they” being only plural is old-school. Now, it is apparently acceptable to use they/them/their as a gender-neutral singular program. I don’t make the rules — I am just letting you know what is going on.

PenguinPal3017 19

Some people go by "they" these days.

Doesn't matter what you accept or don't.Languages change and evolve over time. For example 'awful' used to be aweful. As in 'Filled with awe'. Now it means something is terrible. The fact it is now being used in such a way is common thing and thus an example of the aforementioned evolution. That society has accepted it has made it a 'rule' that they can also be singular as well as plural.

Do you have a crush with split personality, since you keep using they/their?

That's a shitty move by the crush and by their friends. I'm sorry, OP.

That sucks I hate it when people do that 😱