By wth? - 13/12/2013 15:10 - United Kingdom - Rotherham

Today, my cousin started sending sarcastic love messages to me. I replied, with even cheesier lines. Then she rang me saying she was so glad I felt the same way. Turns out she wasn't being sarcastic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 856
You deserved it 9 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh damn... Time to explain some things OP

Sounds like you guys will have an awkward moment during Christmas parties this year.

Comments

so like first cousin or second cousin? cuz you can totally marry your second cousin

First cousins can marry in some states too, but God knows why.

72- first cousins can only legally marry in Alabama or West Virginia. Second cousins can legally marry in any state. Just thought I'd be more specific =)

Actually, first cousins can marry in 25 states in the US. This was also common practice with royalty. And when you think about it, the world didn't start out over populated... So everyone's ancestors were CLOSELY related.

124 - Oh god now I feel ashamed to live in West Virginia... The land of rednecks, Buck Wild, and, apparently, incest.

RadicalViews 6

You all saw that OP was from the UK right? US laws don't really apply in this situation.

perdix 29

You two will have a great life together. I'm sure your kids are really going find it easy to express themselves sincerely. You are so lucky to find love in such a romantic way. Please invite me to your wedding ... It would be the biggest honor in my life.

You were invited to my wedding, but you never showed. All I needed was a randy uncle to pinch the girls' bottoms. You had one job, perdix!

Hmm...my Sarcasmometer is screeching right now. I can't figure out why.

RileyTheCoyote 6

Perdix is just wishing the happy couple a nice life- why would you think that's sarcastic? ;P

perdix 29

Yeah, Doc, would you please explain to the nice young lady why you think I'm being sarcastic? You may support your thesis with examples :)

bfsd42 20

I'm pretty sure the nice young lady was being sarcastic too.

When i want to hear shit expressed i will go drop the cosby kids at the pool ty #96 keep up the great work PERDIX & DOCBASTARD many holiday greeting to you both.

The eloquence of 13-year-olds never ceases to amaze me. Please don't call me dumb, too :(

ZY1431 24

well that's a hard one to explain

OP - does this make you worriedly analyze all the past times you and your cousin spent time together? Also, are you male or female?

This is why we need a font for sarcasm.

falon142012 22

Well there is the SarcMark. It's a little symbol you can download to use when you're being sarcastic. But I agree, there should be a different font!

skyttlz 32

I've seen someone use ~ marks around sarcasm

This is a prime example of why online/text communication desperately needs a font specifically for sarcasm.

No, sarcasm is good; Comic Sans is never acceptable.

WolfGirlRin 12

Well that's just a awkward. For your sake, I'm just hoping there's no blood relation just so it wouldn't be as bad. But still, that is all just very strange

hunts19ketchup 23

#23, OP said "my cousin". That usually implies blood relation...

MzZombicidal 36

Or, you know, they could be married in...

Both my cousins were adopted, so I'm not blood related to them at all. It's not uncommon.

Do you know how many places in the UK it's illegal to have sex with a first cousin? ZERO!

Hey, Queen Victoria married her cousin. I bet if she saw some of these comments she'd say, "We are not amused!"

Queen Victoria-- the one that started the tradition that wedding dresses were to be "white" to represent purity? She married her 1st cousin? Interesting to know.

I don't recall if he was her 1st cousin or not, but he was her cousin.

It's important to note, though, that marriages between cousins were socially acceptable back then, especially among royalty, who wanted to keep their royal blood "pure." I seem to recall that her husband was a German prince of some sort. Maybe a duke or an earl or something.

Nothing like a nice swim in your own gene pool. Use protection