By GreenScar - 11/03/2009 04:45 - United States

Today, my brother's new girlfriend, who is blind, asked to feel my face so she could tell what I look like. She said I was "unique". A blind chick just told me I was ugly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 802
You deserved it 5 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your brother has blind girlfriend? wow, my respect to him and how can blind girl judge your appearance?

LifeSux19 0

I don't think she was trying to call you ugly at all.

Comments

#9 - That's a very good point. I should probably re-phrase. One of those comments was a play on the expression "Beauty in the eye of the beholder", and how it's a bizarre expression when referring to a blind person. The other, I was of course referring to the context that this was within. The original poster was worried that his face *looked* ugly, ugly enough that a blind girl noticed it. My reply was in that vein.

I would like to have a blind girlfriend. She could never tell that I`m not good enough for her. I wonder where you can meet blind women.

zebendyone 0

unique =/= ugly. I'd say you deserve it for having low enough self-esteem to turn that comment into an insult. :]

She didnt call you ugly, she called you unique. Are you deaf? Your brother has a blind girlfriend and a deaf sibling. Crazy.

claire_fml 0

I don't think she was trying to call you ugly. She never used the words, "ugly" to describe you. If she had, then I'd imagine you would have said that. But she didn't. Being told you're unique looking can be considered a compliment.

LOL. That sucks. She may as well have said you have "inner beauty'.

cady18 0

duh, how does "unique" = "ugly"?

I work directly with blind people- hundreds of them. That is bull, I have never once had my face felt- they don't do that. It's something that has been made up- a common myth. Everyone who doesn't personally know a blind person believes this. Watch American Idol- you don't see the blind guy on there going around feeling Ryan, Randy, Paula, Kara and Simon's faces. Because it doesn't happen.

Calpal, just because a blind person has never felt your face doesn't mean there isn't at least one who has done it to others. Maybe she heard the myth, then decided to do it because of that.

unique doesn't have to mean ugly. unique can just mean that the features on your face are quite different from what she has felt of other people's faces, which could just as well mean you're attractive. maybe you're just insecure:/