By Anonymous - 04/01/2013 22:52 - United States - Elgin

Today, my boyfriend showed up at my grandmother's wake in torn jeans and a Family Guy t-shirt. When I took him aside asked him what the hell he was thinking, he lost his temper and stormed out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 411
You deserved it 4 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just be glad he didn't come with the same attitude as Peter and do something so inappropriate to do at a wake only Seth McFarland could think it up.

Comments

At least he stormed out early. Dressed like that, I would have been just as worried on how he would act.

Does he have nice clothes? On the bright side he showed up to support you during your loss

do you know how lucky you are? that you are or were involved with someone who atleast showed up to support and console you in your time of need. A lot of guys wont even aknowledge the loss. this is why men thing women are annoying bitches.

InfiniteSecret 20

Wow this is so messed up. Just because others aren't great doesn't mean that this is okay. l

bman0219 4

Wow your bf needs an ass kicking what a dick

superdom 12

Be happy he came even if it wasn't appropriate

Shadow2193 5

really? that's not lack of decency. He showed up that's what matters

"Be happy he came even if it wasn't appropriate". You really are a moron

YDI for choosing to have a BF w/ the maturity of a four year old...

perdix 29

He probably thought you asked him to come over because your Grandma was awake. A lot of people don't get death rituals other than their own.

calliet145 14

You're not alone, OP. Practically the same thing happened to me when I was in tenth grade. My grandpa died, and I asked my boyfriend to come to one of the viewings with me. He came in a neon green polo shirt and ripped jeans. If that was the best clothing he owned, I would have understood, but he definitely had better clothes than that. Needless to say, I wasn't happy and told him he look like a disrespectful äśsclown. The relationship ended shortly after. Don't ever put up with crap like that when you can do better.

perdix 29

Cool story, bro, but how do you know the OP could do better? The boyfriend could have been way out of her league. I just don't think that everyone who gets an FML published is automatically beautiful and wonderful and worthy of someone better than what they have (or just lost.) I know a perfectly wonderful guy who has never had an FML accepted.

calliet145 14

First off, I'm a woman, so I'm not your "bro." Second, not once did I say that OP was amazing or anything like that. I merely said that I understood how she felt. I don't care if the guy was "out of her league" or not; that's still not an excuse for going to something dressed like that. It shows a complete lack of class and respect, both for others and for yourself. So yeah, no matter what, she does deserve better than that tool. Oh, and you know a perfectly wonderful guy who has never had an FML accepted? Cool story, bro.

CharresBarkrey 15

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by saying OP could do better, they were speaking based off their own similar situation in which, at the end, she found that she could do better.

Dump that shit! Don't respect someone that doesn't respect you or your family

This should read "today my exboyfriend