By brokenhearted - 05/12/2012 11:29 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, my boyfriend sent me so many nice texts that he made me fall in love with him that little bit more. It turns out he was sweetening me up before telling me he cheated on me the night before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 161
You deserved it 2 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, he didn't break it to you in song, in front of 100 other people, that's a start. But the sweetening deal makes him seem a little cowardly, especially IF he told you he cheated by text. Anyway, here's to to hoping things shape of for you, one way or another, OP. We're here for you at least.

Show him some lovin with a swift kick to the balls

Comments

Maybe he thought it was cancel out.. you love him more before and less after... so.. you should love him the same as you did before the situation happened.

Except sending someone a sweet text only makes them love you a little more. Telling someone you cheated on them makes them love you A LOT less.

something tells me you do not grasp the fact that cheating is bad, and they don't "cancel each other out"

Is it just me or are the amount of FMLs about cheating getting more frequent? Doesn't anyone stay faithful anymore?!

OP I'm sorry that he did this and you must be heartbroken. The sad truth is...... People do in fact, sometimes..... cheat. It happens far more often then most of us would care to admit, and although his *way* of confessing sucks ass, at least he came clean. Take some time, think about what you want for yourself, and decide. If this is something you feel you can't get over, then move on. If you feel he's been otherwise an amazing person, and you want to try to work things out then who are we to tell you know? You two wouldn't be the first couple to survive this sort of thing. Really.

I agree BUT I don't think OP's relationship is strong enough to survive his mistake, because I get the feeling that they aren't together for that long. I could be wrong, though, in which case OP could better go to a counselor. It's difficult to fix mistakes like this on your own, cheating always has some root causes which need to be solved.

drumrgonewild 2

Bringing u up to smack u down... Thats twice the swift kicks in the ass

doglover100 28

Being cheated on is awful, him telling you through text is worse

We don't really know how he actually told her though do we.

Where's the post about Icy Hot to the nut sack? Read it. Memorize it. Use it.

Fool you once shame on him. Fool you twice shame on you. Do NOT give him a second chance OP. He doesn't deserve it. Keep your head up.

Sadly that's when you gotta be suspicious :( unless he's normally all lovey dovey. My sister in law, (nieces mom, was married to my brother, now divorced.) was married to a man who just a few weeks ago started acting really lovey dovey and then he admitted to cheating, for the billionth time, and she is now divorced from him. You deserve better OP.

kennaem1 11

At least he told you, a lot of people find out the hard way, OP