Thank you for being a friend

By Love Stanks - 11/10/2023 12:30

Today, the guy I like, who told me he “is trying to heal from his divorce,” just got a girlfriend. He calls her “the one that made me believe in love again.” I spent almost a year being a friend, supporting his every need, and hopelessly holding it down for him. Good to know I’m not good enough and never will be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 318
You deserved it 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can't put kindness coins in and eventually expect a return on investment in relationship coins. That isn't how it works for incels and that isn't how it works for you. I'm sorry that you got your heart broken, but on some level, you brought this on yourself.

goodsoup 3

it’s nothing about being good enough or not. but frankly to be his friend only with the ulterior motive of trying to make him romantically interested in you is, well, gross. do better for yourself and the people around you

Comments

You can't put kindness coins in and eventually expect a return on investment in relationship coins. That isn't how it works for incels and that isn't how it works for you. I'm sorry that you got your heart broken, but on some level, you brought this on yourself.

DirtySalamander 9

you can't be expecting something in return just because you help them. you should do it because you want to be a good friend. you know to spread kindness. maybe he didn't want to mess up the friendship that he has with you. it's on you. you probably didn't talk about your feelings towards him directly. no one is a mind reader.

dongdong xiang 10

Girl **** him. He’s for the streets. He took advantage of your kindness then chose some other bytch. Unfortunately, he let you down gently and used “healing from divorce” as an excuse. A man who’s into you will move mountains to be with you. He wasn’t the one. All he did was string you along until he found someone else. “Made him believe in love again?” What were you then? Chopped liver? Smh nah girl. Drop him like a hot potatoe and cut of all contact. When his new bytch act up, then he’s gonna remember what he once had. Too damn bad. People don’t realize what they had until they lose it. Don’t let people take advantage of you and chose someone who will appreciate you from the jump and not someone who makes excuses and lies. You got this boo.

you can't Blame him. he let her know she was just a friend but she thought being kind automatically gets her a relationship. it don't work that way.

dongdong xiang 10

This is the equivalent of going to a job interview and the hiring manager’s like: “You have a great resume and meet all the qualifications we’re looking for but we’re not gonna hire you. We will however, use your resume as a basis of comparison to all other candidates and pick someone who’s far less qualified and is probably a gold digger or doesn’t know how to season a chicken. And if they don’t work out we’ll hire someone else but still not you. In fact, we’ll never hire you. But we’ll keep in touch. We’ll reach out to you from time to time to complain about the bytch we hired.” Does this make sense?

It's more like hearing that your favorite coffee place fired their barista so you go hang out in the shop for hours on end expecting the manager to hire you on the spot, then when the manager actually hires someone who applied for the job you throw a hissy fit because the manager should've read your mind that you hanging out in the shop meant you wanted the barista job. It doesn't count as "going to a job interview" when the other person doesn't appear to have been aware that it was one.

HouseOfM 8

He isn't obligated to be anything but a friend. Seems like you are giving the crazy lonely person advice.

You need to amend that: You're not good enough FOR HIM... Move on and you'll probably find someone who will find you "good enough," maybe even better.

goodsoup 3

it’s nothing about being good enough or not. but frankly to be his friend only with the ulterior motive of trying to make him romantically interested in you is, well, gross. do better for yourself and the people around you