By raebelle - 02/06/2011 17:32 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I went shooting. While I was showing him how to properly hold and adjust a rifle, he accidentally pulled the trigger. The gun kicked back and hit me in the face, breaking my nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 637
You deserved it 10 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xGabri3L 3

He hasn't the slightest ******* clue about real firearms, he clearly DOES play Call of Duty...

Comments

Privations_fml 3

First of all, why the **** were you letting him shoot a rifle with substantial recoil? Someone who's new to shooting and wants to try a rifle should use a .22LR, NOT a ******* semi-auto high-powered gun. I'm assuming that you used semi-auto, since most U.S. states don't allow fully-automatic firearms, and you only noted one discharge when your boyfriend pulled the trigger. Many ranges don't want you and the 'shooter' handling the gun together because shit like this happens more than you think. The exchange of the gun is supposed to be carried out ON THE BENCH, not from hand-to-hand. That means don't help him hold the gun unless you've got the safety on. If you can't properly instruct someone to hold a gun, have an expert do it. Most ranges have them.

TalkinSmack 6

a good "teacher" would have had the SAFETY on... especially when someone who is unfamilliar with a firearm is learning. YDI... hopefully OP won't make that mistake again...

grizzly260 0

Same thing happened to me when I was showing my exgirlfriend how to aim and squeeze the trigger. Fortunately it was an iron sight .22. I showed her with the rifle unloaded first but she didn't listen. I'm guessing your city boy boyfriend didn't either?

nope...he insisted that he knew what he was doing and i went to fix his form and he pulled.. somehow he moved the safety, he knew how to do that well. he lived in inner city austin (people from texas are usually stubborn)

SorrowFull 8

First Rule of Gun Club: 1)...keep finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire

conner13791 0

your boyfriend didn't know how to shoot?? what a man...

if you know anything at all about guns, you know that gun safety is KEY! There would be no "accident" if your finger wasn't on the trigger while demonstrating.

at least it wasn't the bullet that hit your face

morgan020 0

I want to know what kind of rifle the op was shooting and how badly he was holding the gun that it would break the op's nose.

ydi. the first thing you should have taught him was the gun safety and trigger control.