By goldendarkness - 09/07/2016 01:34

Today, my boyfriend and I decided to stop by a drive-thru on the way to his place. I asked him to order a Coke for me, at which point he asked if I wanted to make it a Diet Coke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 755
You deserved it 2 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I doubt that there was any malicious intent, OP. And I'm sure that'd be confirmed if you asked the guy about it. Just don't dump him because of this like I'm so sure this website is going to tell you to.

May you please elaborate on how the hell this is a problem? I prefer the taste of diet to regular.

Comments

Because so many people are wondering, it's not like this is an issue I was mad about. I was a little surprised and taken aback but it's not like he pissed me off or anything. And for people saying they prefer the taste of diet and don't see how it's a problem, we've been dating for 6 months and were friends for 5 months before dating. We've eaten out together countless times and I've never ordered a Diet Coke, always a regular. I was just thinking about it and so I made an FML about it is all. He was asking because it was relevant to a conversation he wanted to start about something he read.

Not really an FML. It's a valid question, suck it up.

The first thing that popped in my mind is he was being considerate. Regular and diet taste distinctly different to me, and I could immediately see myself asking the same thing of a girlfriend for taste preference only, not a thought of weight in my mind.

Do you regularly drink diet? If so, maybe he just noticed the change and didn't mean anything by it.

He obviously didn't mean to imply anything. I prefer diet coke to regular coke, and sometimes there's a price difference

In a way diet drinks actually make you fetter because they make you more hungry.

Sodas have tons of sugar. Calories. Diet may be a slightly better option, OP. Says more about his concern for your health than your own personal health

Diet pop is worse for you than regular, and more likely to lead to weight gain. The artificial sweetner ***** with your body, which makes your body worse at responding to real sugar when you consume it.