By numbnuts - 23/09/2013 05:48 - Canada - Nanaimo

Today, my 2-year-old daughter overheard my wife and I arguing and fixated on one particular insult my wife threw at me. Now my daughter won't stop saying "Daddy a numbnuts", always with a big smile on her face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 491
You deserved it 6 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least numbnuts is a pretty tame insult compared to some of the things she could be calling you...

I'm actually somewhat disappointed that this just ended with numbnuts. Your wife needs to work on her insults.

Comments

Kids say the darness things numbnuts lol

Ouch! Could be worse, though. At least you have a happy kid.

olpally 32

Hahaha. Cute kid! Numbnuts as an insult? Weak. At least it wasn't "mother ******* asshole."

What a terrible thing for your Daughter to over hear. And worst is that she's repeating it. Sorry. But at least she says it with a smile. Glad she doesn't understand what she's saying.

Why? "Numbnuts" isn't all that bad. There are far worse stuff she could overhear and repeat.

True. I would just feel like crap if my Husband called me a name and my child called me it too.

Reminds me of the joke "Dad cooks a deer and doesn't tell the kids what it is. He gives one clue - it's what your mother calls me. The boy yells it's a ******* dick, don't eat it!

You should be glad that your daughter is at an important and proper stage of speech development! She's repeating what she hears and she's feeling what it's like to form the words with her own mouth. Next stop: real conversations! Oh, and you should have used "me" instead of "I" in your FML.

Just ignore it OP. She will get bored of it after a while.

I bet your wife keeps chiming in with "you're not the only one who thinks that, sweetie!". Kids are funny.

Keattles 14

Lol, that sucks, but it's so cute though!