By notautistic - 26/09/2014 01:15 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, marks yet again another day that I've been asked if I'm autistic. No, that's just my Korean accent. Apparently I look "too white" to have one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 702
You deserved it 2 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if you were autistic, why would they ask?

It's sad how much people are judged based upon their looks these days, Sorry OP

Comments

Well, that was just rude and ignorant. Who the hell even asks someone something like that? This isn't related, but I was working one day and a Scottish woman came into the store. My co-worker couldn't understand anything she said, nor did she know what a Scottish accent sounded like. I couldn't wrap my head around how ignorant and sheltered she was. I understood the woman fine, and I've never been to Scotland. I think that this country, and not just this younger generation, needs to work on being more culturally aware. That and basic manners.

Use your karate on him. Everybody knows Asians can do karate.

I guess it's just me that doesn't then .-.

Mianhaeyo. Sucks that you run into so many idiots. I have an Autistic older brother, and he definitely doesn't sound Korean.

I read a book about Korea in ww2. I have nothing but positive things to say about your culture.

According to my autistic son's service worker, South Korea has the highest autism rate in the world. One in 50 children will be diagnosed with it, as opposed to North America's 1 in 80. Maybe they knew this statistic...?

To be fair, my grandomther (a psychologist) would argue that everyone in the world is in some way autistic.

thats amazing...sorry, it is ignorant as hell, but being a fan of ridiculous prejudice humor, thats hilarious

Well if it makes you feel better no one believes I'm Mexican. People base race off of looks way too much if you ask me.